1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richie V sandbagging

Discussion in 'General' started by r6fast, Oct 5, 2020.

1. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

As said above, if it was that big of an advantage everyone would be riding 636's instead of R6s in the class.

Why didn't they protest the bike last year? I forgot who was riding it, but Graves had that bike on track last year as well. If the bike is the issue, they would have protested last year. They are protesting getting their asses kicked week in and week out, that's what they are protesting.

Edit: I wish Yamaha and Attack would field an official team in Supersport to give the M4 team something else to cry about.

VFR#52, Suzuka_joe, Shocker and 3 others like this.
  2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Correction: Polen was sandbagging back in the day. It was very obvious.

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That’s what I stated in my post :Poke:

4. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

No idea why I put that, I ment Richie E.. guess my early morning brain wasn't working

5. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Braden Ortt. He crashed himself back onto an R6 after Laguna. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

That'd be awesome if Richie is sandbagging. To have so much confidence in your riding and equipment to override that competitive spirit to win everything - the cojones on him. He didn't get pole at 3 rounds but still won 4 of those races and was taken out in 1. Surely he would have taken pole at those rounds too if he wasn't sandbagging. So badass.

Monsterdood and VFR#52 like this.
  7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

That's choice right there. Chris made contact with us {Can't remember if it was on the SV or Ninja 650} in 600 practice during an endurance weekend.
    Pretty much was trying to tell us we should not be on the same track as him.

8. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

My turn to shime in.

By this chart, it would seem that SDK is ALWAYS the faster guy (fastest lap) but yet he always seems to loose and gets M4 to complain...
    M4 should start bitch slapping their rider for not BEING CONSISTENT like Richie is.

For f@cks sake... SDK is extremely inconsistant by the looks of it.

NOW for the rules of the 636 and why it is allowed in North America (Canada also)
    All 599cc are all sold in Europe and Asia for their championships (as of 2013 when intruction of the third generation 636 was introduced)
    North America gets NO 599cc Ninja. That is why there is no racing ECUs and racing electronics for the 636... So again, all teams are left to themselves to build a well prepped machine, without any aid from Kawasaki Motors :(

SO SINCE 2013 this bike has been allowed in ALL competitions, due to the fact that no 599cc were available in North America... and yet not peep out of anyone until NOW.

AND 36cc doesn't make at all much difference. I came off a well prepped ZX6R 2009 (599cc) and then a R6 '08 and the little nice torque you might get of 36cc is barely noticiable, if any at all. My '09 ZX6R felt more powerful.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I misspoke. Richie only had the fastest lap at Barber, not Road America, which gives them even less of a case..

10. To me it’s simple, regardless of the bike RE, at this point and time, is a better rider than SDK. I’d be willing to wager a fair sum that on an R6 with his same team around him he’d be even more dominant.

11. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I've heard people say the 09-12 zx6r was faster around a track and I owned a 2009 and it was a monster, def made more power than my R6

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Exactly...the bike is so much faster and capable, that's why everyone is on a R6.... :)

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Cant agree with it.
    Both bikes have advantage and disadvantages.
    Yeah the Kawi has extra cc
    The yamaha has ride by wire (autoblip)

Should we allow everyone to install ride by wire? How about allowing modified fuel system on the kawi (only has 4 injectors and not 8)

Like someone mentioned, if the Kawi is better everyone can run it. Graves will sell the exact bike Richie is riding.

Mesa will be riding his 636 this weekend, we will see if he is as fast as as Richie.

Ps. The kawi is not 2mm overbore, it has the exact same bore as the 600cc Kawi and the R6, it has a longer stroke.

14. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I think that will be telling. Mesa is a very good rider and has waited to enter the 636 so I am guessing he will have worked the kinks out and is rearing to go.

rafa and VFR#52 like this.
  15. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Awesome thread so far.
    I caught flack from JU on a Facebook post about this already.
    SDK looks unprofessional talking about the numbers don't lie quote.
    He should be more focused on trying to beat RE on track instead of worrying about an advantage in CC.
    SDK can beat RE again and needs to focus on doing just that because he cant do anything about the CC deal.
    And as has been pointed out the lap times and overall race times are slower than last yr.
    Now here is the main point id be making when talking about this.
    The team owners or the managers should have been all over this 636 when it was 1st allowed to race yrs ago.
    Any engine guy knows a bigger engine is always better period.
    JU said he knew that Graves had the bike at California tracks making it handle last yr.
    WHOOPS.
    RE is riding the wheels off that bike and has a great combination this yr.
    So who dropped the ball on not stopping the 636 from being legal in MA?
    But as it sits they are going to have to just let the riders race and stop crying and figure out the weakness the 636 has so they can beat it on track this yr.
    Jersey should have proven the numbers theory but i didn't see RE killing them down the straight.
    But guess now people more then ever are watching and paying attention tp the 600 class and that's a positive.
    Carry on people.

Steven

henry_carlson and MELK-MAN like this.
  16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I just raced Mesa on his new 636 at NC bike, on my 636 R6 superbike build. The bike is fast. .. HE is an incredible rider.. who's now on a fast bike (faster than his r6 was). Justin Jones also has a 636 for the past couple years. Fukin missle. Same with Ryan Jones, both front runners at any club race.
    totally agree all bikes have advantages. But 36cc's IS an advantage. Even if my R6 636 didn't have head porting, just the 2mm overbore gives it way more midrange torque. This is indisputable. as for the rest of the bike? It took a partnership with Graves, and a team like DK has, to help a WICKED fast and talented rider showcase both rider, and machine.

henry_carlson, VFR#52 and rafa like this.
  18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

correct, i keep forgetting this, but semantics.. 36cc is 36cc.. i get 36cc's from the 2mm overbore, the kawi gets it from being stroked. no replacement for displacement..

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. A lot of it comes to what bike you gel with as well, some peoples style, without adjustments don’t gel with certain bikes. Some people are front end riders who scrub a lot of speed off with the front tire so need that feel that’s better in one bike vs another and so on. Moto GP is a great example of that on extreme ends of the spectrum.

20. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I love all the Kawi hate. Love it. Nobody GAF about it in 7 years. Now, out of nowhere, it's a BFD.

Great to see the "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" still hold true even in a stale marketplace like the 600 market.

Look forward to seeing you on a 636 next year and drop time everywhere on this missle platform of a bike.

MachineR1, drop, Shocker and 3 others like this.