1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Ducati Corse to MA

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Oct 1, 2020.

1. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

What, you've never seen Kyle unbox something from Italy on IG stories. Go follow him.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

lay down the vegan smoothie or whatever got those psychedelics in your head

MachineR1 likes this.
  3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

That's why I said more support, but I don't think anyone would claim he's riding the equivalent of a factory bike. I know the Ridge was tough for him and I wish he had the support and resources he needs to show what he and that bike can do. More factory support would be cool, that's all.

4. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Racing is more about marketing/who you know some days-
    If corse wanted Wyman to have the best stuff he would have had it already -
    He’s a support member who probably still pays quite a bit of $ to be a part of their “program “

I think Ducati will see far better Sbk results once they throw some effort snd $ behind a team- we just found out who that team is ....

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Except in this case its Eraldo Ferracci that is the link between the team and Ducati, and why they are getting help. At least according to Greg white

6. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I’m Italian. Maybe I should send them an email. I like Ducati’s.

Gino230, Newyork and Phl218 like this.
  7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

For those thinking, why AZ and not KW, I don’t know that giving KWR a brand new bike completely different from what he has been riding while he’s in the middle of a season is the right thing to do. Putting it under someone who has nothing to lose to provide data for 2021 seems like the right thing to do.

8. backbone

backbone scarred for life

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did Ducati "give" anyone the bike or did they sell it to the team and the team is paying for the support?

The days of (most) the factories giving the teams bikes, spares and wheel barrows full of cash are pretty much over.

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It's another fast bike on the grid that will either:

- Give Stanboli and Ta Rah Rah Boob-E-Aaaaaaaaa some soft of challenge

OR

Show just how damned good Stanboli and Ta Rah Rah Boob-E-Aaaaaaaa actually are.

I don't see us, as fans of the series, losing either way.

Senna likes this.
  11. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Ducati Corse does not give anyone a bike like this. Corse runs 4 riders in two series. 2 SBK, 2 GP.

Outside of that everyone, everywhere, pays. If a team is reputable, you can purchase bikes/parts as well as get tech support ($).

Great to see a RS finally land state side!!! What a fucking cool bike.

deathblow, Gino230 and Chip like this.
  12. Chip

Chip Registered

This is a true statement....

Glad to see more investment in the MotoAmerica SBK series. This is all good. This also gives KWR a nice bench mark to judge the development of that old garage built pile he rides. Should be good.

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Si, Si, bene, bene.

14. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Don't forget to wave your hands around while talking.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Or if you have the money, can straight up by an RS from Corse and track day it. My boy bought an RS straight from the factory.

Newyork likes this.
  16. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Lets not forget that Lorenzo is the Ducati test rider

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No he's not.

18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Ducati is one of the very few who will in fact, take your money. They may make you sign a document to say you won't ride it, but they'll sell it to you vs. telling the shop guys to take it out back and beat it all with a sledgehammer and send it to the dump.

19. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

He's still under contract as a Yamaha test rider

20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

From what I've been told, HSBK is only the front and they won't be running the Ducati show.

Ducati Course invested in PJ via HSBK, but obviously PJ is hurt so their investment is not providing any ROI, so it's costing them. Did HSBK/Celtic pay? Probably, but I'm sure there was an arrangement in the interest of both parties. Zanetti is Italian and has good experience on the bike and is known to provide great feedback. It's a win-win given the situation.