1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nashville Super Speedway

Discussion in 'General' started by bEeR, Oct 1, 2020.

1. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I saw in the interwebs where Nascar is going to be running Nashville next year.

Is the tracking going to open back up to racing again, or are they at a different venue.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same venue, not sure what is up overall tho.

3. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

We're also going to have an Indy race in the streets of downtown Nashville.

Can we try to race that track too? :D

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Must be the race they took away from Kentucky:(

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

No that went to road America I believe

6. I loved Nashville. Coming off the oval in 6th gear and diving into T1 while backshifting into 4th, then you have to stand the bike up as quickly as possible, because you have about this ______ much time to get from triple digits down to about 20mph for that asshole tight 180deg corner.

If anyone hasn’t been to Nashville but has been to Jennings. Imagine still being leaned over finishing T2, then suddenly youve got (what seemed like) 50’ to get down to 20mph. It was insane.

G Dawg, Sabre699 and dobr24 like this.
  7. rd400racer

Yep, one of my favorite tracks too. It's the first time my son and I were on the track together. This pic is the first time he got to race...still wearing his rookie shirt. We were out in morning practice, me on an FZR400 and he was riding the MZ Skorpion. Somebody got a pic of us coming into the exact corner Chris mentioned, but he took it just a bit too wide:D

This is still one of my favorite pictures of the entire time I've been involved in WERA racing.

[​IMG]image upload websites

TLR67, stk0308, SuddenBraking and 4 others like this.
  8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You should head out west, when your back is better, and run Fontana. Nashville is like a 1/4 scale version of Fontana. You can REALLY get moving on the front straight there. And the back straight too.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Assuming it isn't torn down by then... NASCAR has a plan to redevelop the facility and the big speedway and road course won't be a part of the new design if it's approved.

10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

They took the races from Chicagoland speedway as well

11. rd400racer

I saw that. Word is mile and 1/2 tracks are dead. It's all about short track, super speedway and road courses now. Kentucky is going to be turned into a multi-use facility.

Infield road course:D We can only hope.

12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

That would be awesome! Doubt it will ever come to fruition though.

13. rd400racer

Nah, no way I could be fortunate enough to only drive 45 minutes to a track.

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I'm betting they bulldoze the speedway and the drag strip

15. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Dover Downs is closed. I think Nascar went to TN because of the current economic status of what Covid did to Delaware and the northeast in general.

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Don’t forget the new dirt track.

Eventually they will invent a race series on asphalt oval, dirt oval and road courses.

It will be the first championship of its kind, ever. :rolleyes:

<Old School AMA Grand National Championship and ABC Superbikers> What did you just say....

stk0308 and badmoon692008 like this.
  17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I used to pass through there regularly. Nothin but SCCA events at Nashville in the parking lot.

18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Actually from the google pics, it looks like Nissan may be using it as an overflow lot.

19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

They already are. Next year they are putting dirt on bristol again and all the nascrap guys have to race on it. Ofcourse we are having a dirt late model race there also.

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Beaching racing, back to roots