1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017+ R6 Which K-Tech Cartridges IDS vs DDS

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gcally, Sep 30, 2020.

1. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I need to get a set of cartridges for my 2017 R6 race bike which way should I go with cartridges?
    Are the DDS cartridges really worth the extra $1,000?

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Ive ridden them both. I like the DDS cartridges better. The most noticeable difference is that they ride smoother over rough pavement, which gives me more confidence. They feel odd when going slow compared to the SSK/IDS, but thats not a big deal.

You'll probably want them extended. That's a bigger ask for K-Tech than Ohlins. You'll need to find a suspension pro that knows which parts to order - a different rebound rod and spacers. And it'll cost you extra.

3. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Good point on running 10mm extended and 130mm travel. With the IDS carts no extra parts are needed to get to 130mm travel. With DDS You have to buy new rods at $50 each.

When I was talking to K-Tech guy he said IDS had little bit better mid corner feel but spring choice more critical. DDS was better under heavy breaking.

Tough choice for sure.

4. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I have the IDS carts and absolutely love them. Yes the DDS are $1,000 more but until I'm battling at the front as an expert the money saved goes towards track time and tires.

jkraft likes this.