1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

36CC's (Kawasaki SuperSports)

Discussion in 'General' started by Circacee, Sep 29, 2020.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

And for comedy relief (if it's still funny)... I should add... "Numbers are numbers"

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I thought Stanboli made some good comments, especially the idea that allowing some to play just for numbers sake can result in others being eliminated.

Anyway you look at it, 36CCs is an advantage at the 600 level. Whether it translates to an overall better bike is a different question.

3. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Connor Blevins had some MA stock 600 podiums and at least 1 win but at that time the 636 had a slightly higher minimum weight. Check the rule book now and the min weight is equal across every bike in supersport.. I see both sides of the argument but honestly it should be like 5lbs higher weight if it is going to have a displacement advantage, however on the flip side, nobody has done anything ground breaking on the bike since it came out aside from some stk 600 podiums and nobody complained then.

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. grasshopper

Balancing various motorcycle concepts In order to equalize the performance of motorcycles used in the Supersport Championship, a system of performance enhancements or restrictions can be developed (such as minimum weight, air restrictor or REV limit may be applied according to their respective racing performances). The decision to apply a balancing system to a motorcycle will be taken by the MotoAmerica Permanent Bureau based on decisions made by the Superbike Commission at any time deemed necessary to ensure fair competition.

Minimum weight The minimum weight will be:
    600cc 4 cylinders 161kg (354.2lbs)
    75cc 3 cylinders 161kg (354.2lbs)
    750cc 2 cylinders 161kg (354.2lbs)

For 2020: 2013-2020 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) minimum weight - 161 kg (354.2 lbs.)

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Gonna be fun to see Mesa on the 600.
    Lots of racing for him with the Stock 1000 and 600.
    Wonder if he will do SBK Cup also...

6. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

What about race 1, Road Atlanta?

7. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

yep, did HONOS ask them to change the rule when they sent the check to sponsor the SBK class?

8. grasshopper

I'll have to watch that again. But I believe you.

wheelz96 likes this.
  9. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

The minimum weight for the 636 has been the same since 2018.

10. grasshopper

I bet if RE strapped some weight to 636 he would still win.

11. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

a 75cc 3cyl would never have any chance anyway. You can't give up 525cc to your competitors and expect to run near the front.

Joking aside, I do wish we had some Triumphs/MVs in that 675 triple layout competing. And I REALLY wish the twin limit was something higher than 750cc. I'd think you'd need something in the 850cc area to be competitive. Not that it matters as on one but KTM makes anything close. KTM, bring us an RC8 790.

12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Didn't SDK beat him at both Road Atlanta and Jersey? Overall I generally agree with you about Richie's pace. But he still has been beaten a couple times.

VFR#52 likes this.
  13. redtailracing

Fixerated :crackup:

14. redtailracing

I also want to ask, does anyone else find it ironic that Mesa, after bitching about the Duc's unfair advantage in Stock1000, is now going to enter a supersport race on the bike that other teams/riders are bitching about having an unfair advantage? :crackup:

15. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

my experience with the zx6r 636 config is, even a well prepped 636 has all it can handle going up against the 08-present R6 (with riders of similar body weight and skill set). even though the R6 gives up hp, it's aero package and handling, are head and shoulders above the zx636 platform 13-present. your results may vary. Ski

16. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

So to add to the pot stirring, simple thinking would be if the 36cc more makes the ZedexSix3Six a cheater bike.... does that not mean the 600cc Suzi and Yami are cheater bikes too, as they can run with said cheater 636 ?

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Yes. LOL

18. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Similar but different circumstances IMO. The V4R wasnt supposed to be homologated for Stock10000, the Kawi has been homologated for 636 for a long time.

VFR#52 and Senna like this.
  19. grasshopper

No

20. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ok so the question I'm going to ask.
    The bike has been legal this yr and for a few yrs now?
    RS is correct the CC is an advantage.
    Yet not 1 team said anything about the bike until RE and Graves made it handle and started winning.
    So whose at fault here?
    MA for letting a bike be legal for how many yrs before this yr?
    Or the Owners of the teams that are complaining about the bike?
    Jersey was the biggest sign that the bike is not the fastest.
    RE has been killing them in the turns.
    His team is just doing a better job than everyone else and deservedly so because they worked hard to make a competitive motorcycle that hasn't been so until this yr.
    JU even said he knew they had been testing the bike to make it handle all last yr so he knew the bike once the handling was sorted may become a threat to win races.
    He also said trust the riders and let them race.
    So let them race because it's too late now to change the rules.
    Buckle up guys and ride hard because that's how you win races these days in 600SS class.

Steven

Suzuka_joe and Gorilla George like this.