1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frankie Chili diagnosed with Parkinson's

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Sep 21, 2020.

1. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wow, that sucks. Old Bedroom eyes is one of my favorite riders of all time.

Wingnut and YamahaRick like this.
  3. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Sad to hear. One of my favorites back in the day. I was trying to find an image of an old Ducati monster advert he did, but can't find it. He always seemed to be having fun and really putting his heart into it.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Great guy. I visited with him in his pit box a few minutes after his final WSBK race on the Duc. He gave me a few cool parts, and was loading everyone up who came by to wish him well. I hope he deals with this.

5. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Sad to hear. He always seemed to be having a good time. Except for that one time in Assen, but it was still memorable!

6. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Hahaha

7. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

I named my cat after him just over 20 years ago now. Little buddy just recently passed away coincidently.

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Keep moving forward, Frankie. I am all to familiar with this horrible disease. My thoughts are with him and his family.

9. Black46

Black46 Well-Known Member

I think I still have a Chili replica Bieffe helmet around somewhere...

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I met him at Laguna Seca, a very nice, friendly guy who was happy to talk to you.

11. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

I still remember him showing up to the press breifing in a bath robe wanting to kick Foggys ass.

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Wasnt he the one who continued to race a 998 for a couple years after the 999?
    I forgot why but I think he loved the handling better which If I remember, made many Ducati folks unhappy cause they were already catching flack about how ugly the 999 was and all the purists loved that Chili kept the old school bike racing in the world championships.

My memory might be a little fuzzy as that was quite a while ago and last person to do that stunt was Mcgrath when honda went away from the steel frame and he hated it.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah

15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I thought they put the new motor in the old chassis for him or something. I remember him winning on it against the newer bikes. I think i have a vhs recording of that race somewhere.

16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

That's how I remember it. They, his team, put the 999 motor in his 998 chassis, classic bodywork and all. Jokingly calling it a 998.5, or something like that. Mama Ducati was not amused.

cpettit likes this.
  17. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I gotta find that story that Dean Adams wrote. My favorite Chili moment.
    That dude is a racer through and through!!

18. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member