1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1997 Yamaha TZ250 For Sale

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by erock768, Jan 30, 2020.

1. erock768

erock768 Well-Known Member

1997 Yamaha TZ250 For Sale

$18,500

Purportedly from Roland Sands Performance Machine AMA Team. Roland has been unable to confirm this, but suggested that it was likely that Christian Kass rode it. The OWG4 kit parts on the machine supports its pedigree as very few sets were made available. I’ve raced this bike from 2010 in USPGRU, CCS, CVMA, and AHRMA. It is a fast and reliable TZ250. Won the USGPRU 250GP race at Summit Point, WV 2012. I most recently raced this bike in 2018 with AHRMA. This is a no expense spared bad ass TZ250.

Specs:

Frame and Suspension:
    1997 Yamaha TZ250
    Forks and shock (Ohlins shock) valved by Mike Fitzgerald (Thermosman Suspension) for 185 lb rider
    Ohlins steering damper
    Stock triples modified to 34 mm offset
    Geometry set by Lenny Albin on the Schreibner Laser Max. Frame is straight. Documentation Included.
    Performance Machine 6 piston superbike calipers
    Brembo 19x18 master cylinder
    SS brake lines front and rear
    Titanium Rotor bolts
    Gecko Racing Billet rear sprocket carrier
    All hardware replaced with race spec stainless fasteners
    Rhino Fender
    Bike will ship with a new set of Airtech bodywork (unpainted - upper, lower, tail section, up to you to fit)

Engine:

Swedetech Rebuilt crank shaft (500 miles on crank / 200 miles on current top end)
    Roland Cushway 8.3 CC machined heads
    Cylinders ported to kit spec
    Engine set up to +.25mm deck height, .6mm squish (7.8cc CCV)
    Ignitech custom mapped CDI unit mapped by Marc Salvisberg on the Factory Pro Dyno in San Rafael, CA for VP C12 / Sunoco Maximal
    Ian E Racing Billet clutch basket
    OWG4 Kit Pipes with New GMR silencers
    ED Toomey Designs dual core TZ250 Kit radiator
    OWG4 Kit down draft carbs with manifolds and reed stuffers and fuel pump with RAM airboxes
    Mychron 5 GPS/datalogging dash (Tachometer, lap timer, water temp)
    Samco silicone hose kit
    Detailed set up notes, CDI mapping data, jetting spread sheet included.

Spares:

Full Jetting and gearing
    Misc. trans mission gears (1st and 3rd)
    Softer fork and shock springs
    Stock radiator
    NEW never fitted Brian Turfrey F8 spec kit pipes
    Set of stock 93 cylinders, good condition.
    NEW VHM cylinder heads with 2 sets of inserts (8.3 cc and 7.7 cc) for use with kit cylinders @ +.25mm deck height or spare 93 cylinders @ 0 mm deck height)
    1 new spare ignition coil
    Spark plugs
    Handle bars, rear sets, foot pegs, shift pedal, New Brembo Brake lever
    Stock front master cylinder
    New PV cables
    New PV hard wear (1 set PV blade and shaft, multiple PV pins)
    Spare crank (900 mi – ready for rebuild but serviceable)
    Misc NEW gaskets and seals
    Windscreen – used, cracked but serviceable
    Chains- used
    Stock sprocket carrier
    New rear wheel bearings
    Stock tachometer -used
    Spare 94 CDI
    2 new batteries and charger
    Digital water temp gage
    New set of Bridgestone Rains (Still in wrapper)
    NEW Billet EMR top triple clamp 35mm off set. Requires use of stock triple tree.

The Bad:

It’s a 23 year old bike that has been ridden hard. The frame is straight, as verified by laser alignment. The wheels could use refinishing from years of tire mounting as the paint isn’t great. There are some scratches on the frame and swing arm from years of use. Small dent in top of tank from my chin hitting the tank. The tank has NO bondo whatsoever and the small depression can come out easy with a puller. (see photos in NATS thread) The airboxes are in fair to good shape, with some wear through where they touch part of the carbs. At some point in the bikes life the chain came off and damaged the area around the ignition rotor. This has been machined clean. There is no functional damage to the cases. (will follow up with detailed photos).

I am happy to provide detailed photos. I know its not cheap, but its priced in line with similar machines. Also, all of the set up work has been done and is as close to turn key as you get, the bike is ready for its new owner as I need (another) airplane.

Completely gone through Fall 2017 in preparation for the 2018 AHRMA season. Documented with many pictures and race reports here: https://natsforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1130

I am happy to ship within the lower 48 US. Shipping at buyer’s expense. I have used Federal, or will ship via your preference. There are a lot of parts that go with the bike that may need to be shipped separate.

The bike will be at the AHRMA Laguna Seca event Feb 7-9 2020 if you would like to inspect it in person.

Located Phoenix, AZ

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  2. erock768

A few action pics

Attached Files:

ToofPic and BlueR32 like this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sweet bike. I think I was checking out that and your 125 and talking to you at the willow Springs AHRMA round a couple years ago. Good luck!

4. erock768

I initially posted the TZ for sale half heartedly, but now I'd like to see it go to a good home. So here is a bump

5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed that write up on NATS. Wish I was a TZ guy.

6. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

That is a very fair price for a 4TW. A new owner will only have to chase down a spare set of wheels and some new piston kits to be ready to race.

7. motosapien

motosapien Active Member

Good luck with the sale Eric!

Sharath

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

8. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Its been a long time since I saw a Rhino fender!

9. Ron D

Ron D Active Member

PM Sent

10. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Is this still available?