1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has the hookup on Scorpion helmets?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Sep 28, 2020.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Need a new lid ASAP

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

STG did a great deal for me.

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

+1

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Revzilla have a huge selection and many times closeouts available. The Scorpion I recently bought was 50% off.

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

7. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

And they have Bautista doing extensive testing for them, so you know they're good.

Suzuka_joe, StaccatoFan and duc995 like this.
  8. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

motorcyclegear.com has some good prices on Scorpions.

9. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

hate buying without trying but what do they fit like?

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How are Scorpion helmets? Seeing more around and hearing of more and more people wearing them?

When they first came out they seemed like a good "budget" helmet and I imagine they took the HJC approach of each new of their higher end lids got better and better.

11. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

They fit more round than oval. I wear a medium long oval (historically) and I have to wear large in HJC and Scorpion to keep my forehead from caving in (he stated melodramatically). I compare the Scorpion to HJC regarding fit. Quality is pretty good, and crash testing shows decent results ("I have no recollection of ever losing consciousness"). Shields install and remove pretty simply, and the anti fog shield really really works.

12. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I like them but their prices are starting to creep up there with the top tier brands. They used to be a great budget buy but that's not so much the case anymore, still a great helmet overall.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I like my Quattro replica's fit better than I like the fit of any Arai's I've had I believe...and it feels lighter than they more expensive helmets.

14. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

perfect!! thanks

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I think, it depends on the model.

I’m a definite long-oval and have always worn the appropriate Arai, fitted from Rob at TSP, because of it. However, I tried on a Scorpion EXO-AT950, out of curiosity of modulars. Surprisingly, it fit me perfect. I figured, they’re cheap enough for me to take a chance on for a future purchase. So, when I was browsing Revzilla and saw an EXO-GT920 at 1/2 price, I jumped on it. This helmet fits just like the AT950, which is definitely long-oval. It’s a perfect fit, for me.

The things I like about the helmet are modular versatility, retractable sunshade (<love this), looks, it’s way lighter than my current Arai, and it was $146. What I don’t like is it feels cheap in every aspect compared to my Arai, lesser mouth vent airflow, noisy top vent, noisy interior, the interior fabrics are cheap, the shield is harder to change than it should be, and the button for the strap excess is located on a loose flap of strap that can be bothersome to find. I really like the helmet for the modular feature and sunshade and wear it as my regular street helmet. I only wish Scorpion could make a nicer quality modular to consider for my next street helmet.

sanee likes this.
  16. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I was an arai only guy for 20 years and after wearing the scorpion exo-r2000 for a season I'm sold. Amazing helmet for the money.

BUT I would discourage all of you from trying them so I can continue to get my awesome closeout deals. Given the date codes they are sometimes only good for 1 season but the price makes up for it

ducnut likes this.