1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What triggers your inner Broome?

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Sep 26, 2020.

1. :crackup:

2. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

when restaurants remove a perfectly good(popular) item you've been getting every week for years

burnham, joec and tony 340 like this.
  3. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

There's a scene in the movie The Hangover, where Bradley Cooper's character is in the gas station talking about Zach Galifinakis' rather interesting character while he's outside at the pumps. A list of things they need to be mindful of when dealing with Zach gets rattled off. Cooper's response is, "Jesus, he's like a Gremlin, comes with instructions."

Yeah.... :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Werd...I'm still lamenting the removal of potato cakes from the Arby's menu.

5. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Saw another one last night. I pulled up for takeout from a place that shared a completely empty parking lot with a CVS. Tucked away in a corner was a F12 Berlinetta, parked appropriately away in a single end spot as someone who doesn't want to be a douche but also doesn't want door dings. Other than the two of us, there wasn't another car in sight until some asshole in a Corolla decided to park on the line of the ONLY spot next to the $400k car. IMO, that is just as much of a dick move as the drivers who take two spots in a crowded lot.

And yea, on the menu thing, Chick fil a replaced the spicy chicken biscuit with the egg white grill in some markets. I can't imagine that the spicy chicken biscuit was a bad seller, and they already make a spicy chicken lunch sandwich.

tony 340 likes this.
  6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

WHATTTTT?!

BS. I just had some yesterday.

7. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

TREASON

8. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

CFA pissed me off when they ditched provolone about a decade ago... almost forgot about that 1
    Tin Lizzys had a chicken club taco (fried chicken, bacon, cheese, etc) ... also the cilantro steak taco
    Ruths chris had an end cut(just the tips) tenderloin steak and blue cheese salad W/ crispy fried onions. ... and they fucked up the au gratin potatoes (1st job as bus boy)
    Tavern at phipps had a chicken cesar salad sandwich.(better than it sounds mostly chicken breast with dressing, some lettuce)

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maybe it's my local store. Will have to do more research. I let them know I was displeased.

10. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Wait, what? They’re gone? F#ck! I loved those damned things.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maybe that cute little bish lied to me. They are still on the online menu. Either that or my online comments made them reconsider.

12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This. You’re living the dream. My wife and kids trigger my Inner Broome daily. Though it might be for the better, my place would like that that guy’s from “The Accountant”.

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Preach it. I just got the stink eye from the wife yesterday when I told our 6-year old son to do himself a favor and never get married. :crackup:

SGVRider, joec, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Parking up against a nice car like that is a much bigger dick move than nice car in two spots.

I finally had the CFA spicy sammich, holy crap is that good! Sucks the biscuit is gone, I'd go there for breakfast for that.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Haven't tried the CFA spicy..will add that to my list. Have you tried the Popeye's spicy? Not worth getting shot for, but it's a pretty good sammich.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, never been that impressed with Popeyes anything ever.

17. :stupid:

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Not even his goilfrend ?

[​IMG]

pickled egg likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's not better than CFA but is a reasonable alternative. Their customer service is, however, the suck. They are as bad as CFA is good.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd rather get one from Wendys. Every time I've gone to Popeyes the chicken of any variety is always old and dried out. On the other hand CFA is juicy even if I eat it hours later. Granted part of that is the foil bag. Having tried the spicy sammich at every fast food place I can think of CFA is so far above the others I actually don't mind spending the money on it - and I'm a cheap ass when it comes to fast food which is why I rarely eat it.

pfhenry likes this.