1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Can we give Hamilton a penalty for anything please?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Jeebus crust, do they need to hire some rednecks to show them how to tow that racing point car? These corner workers must be union 'cause they are making a career out it.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I guess 64 workers with brooms is cheaper than a blower-truck.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Everybody's going to score points at this rate.

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Dani Ric!

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Albon! :clap:

Yzasserina likes this.
  7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Always wondered. What's with the 3rd World straw brooms they have in the corners for the Marshalls? Like 18th Century brooms. Is that somehow better for carbon fiber shreds?

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I see people using those all over the world. Believe it or not, they're very common.

9. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

From my experience, push brooms don't work as well on rough surfaces as sweeping brooms. Push brooms are awesome scrubbing oil dry into asphalt, but sweeping brooms tend to clear debris faster.

10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I almost felt bad for Max... almost. :crackup:

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I have been out of the professional cycling loop since Armstrong. What is the story of the McLaren cycling team racing in the Tour de France right now? I know at one point Alonso also was funding a cycling team. Is that team still around?

12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I don't think they do anything, other than naming rights.

McLaren supposedly helped develop the Specialized Venge in their wind tunnel, but that was almost a decade ago.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Your boy Vettel has been doing well, just got out qualified by his teammate for the 7th straight time, and just demolished his car, he's doing well :Poke:

14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Yet he still has 4 more championships than your box Maxipad :beer:

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes he does, and that's my point, it's all about what car you're in. When he isn't is the best car, he's just another driver, and not even the best driver on his team.

16. fastedyamaha

Your wish was granted today

17. fastedyamaha

I buy that to a certain extent but Weber was a race winner and he was in the same car as vittles, just as Bottas is in the same car as Hamilton.

18. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Only thing that made the race even remotely interesting.

19. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Sainz? bouncing off the wall was interesting/amusing. Must have seen Verstappen cut the corner, so figured why not, lol. Max never even tried to make that corner on the first lap, and he really had no reason to not make it. Stewards never even looked at it.

20. fastedyamaha

There’s already one race series that does bullshit like that, we don’t need another one just because some dude is crushing it in the prime of his career

VFR#52 likes this.