1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M1000RR

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Sep 23, 2020.

1. :crackup:

2. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

The true test would be, which bike can Alvaro Bautista highside better?

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Any of 'em.

4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

During the last race of the Catalan WSBK round, AB19 took the lead. My wife and I were stoked for GG31 to be in 5th place at the time, and then she says. "Isn't this the guy that crashes every weekend?" (about AB19) a few seconds later he was going way up in the air asking for clearance to land in the UK or something. It got denied and he had to come back down.

My wife then felt bad for putting bad juju out there. I don't think i have laughed that hard in a while.

YamahaRick likes this.
  5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Wat

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

7. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Im not worried about forks and shock. Anyone who can ride the bike worth a damn was going to put cartridges and a new shock on jt anyway.

8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Aesthetically, the new bike just doesn't do much for me. The HP4 Race is just SO damn mean looking.

[​IMG]

motion, Circacee and Gorilla George like this.
  9. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

These M calipers are made by Nissin so not that bad

10. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine they’re ‘bad’. But when you’re paying $35k and the bar for ‘good’ is Brembo stylema calipers with Brembo master cyl and 330mm discs ‘not that bad’ isn’t cutting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quicktoy and turbulence like this.
  11. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

12. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

It was a mostly peaceful highside....

Quicktoy and 5axis like this.
  13. This is what I don’t get at all. Brakes may have something to do with marketing wanting M branding on them or something like they do with the cars but still. I’m sure they assume the market for these aren’t exactly to be raced exactly in that trim it doesn’t really matter as forks and brakes will be swapped out anyway but to me it’s down to the principle. Based on that I am not buying one :).

14. They certainly didn’t change the sprocket for wheel base on a new swingarm, it’s most likely to tone down the dude leaving the dealership in first gear, popping all rider aids off and looping it. This is basically a slight delay added to the algorithm of stupid in an attempt to at least let them make it down the road a bit on their first ride as they don’t want people crashing directly in front of the dealership.

15. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

They went UP on rear tooth count increasing rear wheel torque. If anything it’d be easier to wheelie in this set up. Either way, I doubt they’ve made any changes like that for the sake of some guy leaving the dealer and AB19ing the thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

"For improved acceleration in all gears, BMW added a tooth to the chain sprocket, increasing it to 46."

Reading is fundamental.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. read it wrong. Was skimming over

18. Not for me :) still nothing to do with wheelbase as in them doing it to adjust it.

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Where is Motion? We all know the real reason they went to a 46 tooth rear.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

It's just a number
    cd6a7f624fb1cd4db9bccefa1aadf389.png

motoracer1100, Sabre699 and Quicktoy like this.