1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia RS250 Value???

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by ClemsonsR6, Aug 30, 2020.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Just curious what the two smoker experts would value a 2003 RS250 with roughly 9K miles on it at?

Street legal, clean/clear title, not any extras available....I have seen numbers around 13 grand from Iconic Motorbikes/Raresuperbikes.com to like 4 grand here on the beeb.

What say the beeb?

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

8500-11000

3. ClemsonsR6

I'm amazed you can still buy a brand new aftermarket exhaust for these things.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

It depends on your location, and whether the bike got normal use or was just a garage queen. There's always Aprilia rs250's and nsr250's listed in CA in the $5k-6.5k range but other areas are higher.

To get top dollar eBay or Bring a Trailer might be the best options.

5. ClemsonsR6

Well, according to the BAT bidders, $11,300 is the going rate for a nice condition RS250 with roughly 9K miles. @motion you nailed it sir!!!

Was hoping it would go closer to 8.5K due to the obscurity and two smokeness - I would've added it to the stable....but instead...I went out and rode dirty bikes.

motion likes this.
  6. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member

That sight gets great money for bikes (as motion knows). Great place to sell your stuff if it's in great shape.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've only sold 2 bikes there and they were both pretty weak on final value. I would say under market, but at least they sold. Going to try them again with a '82 Katana 1000.

8. ClemsonsR6

Pretty much been my thoughts. Car will get over valued while the bikes are mostly under. A few will got for FMV or a little over, but, IMO, they sell cheap.

9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

You need my 96 RGV250 SP thats for sale. 70 degree v-twin, dry clutch, electric start, ram air.

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I had no idea those were electric start. I have a '92 Kevin Schwantz replica that is kick only.

11. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I had a 1992 model but it was black with the teal and purple zig zag stripe. It became my first race bike in 95 for D superbike when the grids were three waves!

motion likes this.
  12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Man, those were the days :)