1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I run mix sprockets chain size?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Sep 21, 2020.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

All of theres appears to be 420

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Check shifter cart sprockets. There are several on ebay. If all else fails, I can dig through my old spares for one, but I haven't touched that stuff for almost ten years.

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Wow, it isn't ideal but it isn't the drama so of you make it out to be.

Like mentioned before, pitch is the same and the roller diameter is the same.

A 415 FRONT sprocket might have been sexier just because it would have worn out pretty quickly....

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The correct front sprocket costs about $15.00. It lasts approximately forever on an RS85. I always did my best to send my kid out on a well prepared bike.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I have run 520 sprocket with stock 525 chain on my sv many times.

YamRZ350 likes this.
  6. Why not just throw the 415 on a lathe, just skim it a bit to make it as narrow as it needs to be and run a 415 chain? I’d have no issue doing that to a steel sprocket. Either way not a huge deal but something like that with my kid on it from a mental standpoint I’d want it to be right. Kind of splitting hairs but just the way I think.

turner38 likes this.
  7. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Won’t hurt a thing to run it.

I would just turn down the front sprocket though and run a 415 chain when I had the time.

8. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

They can custom cut, but they will only do custom aluminum.