1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

No remorse.
    You callous animal.
    :D

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Co-worker has it.

55 , obese, got the sugars and other things.

home with a cough, not really feeling well.

1 week later she's fine.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I've said it before: if Harvey Weinstein can survive it, it can't be that bad. That pasty weak link dough roll is a walking, talking comorbidity.

MachineR1 and Phl218 like this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I was reading an opinion piece suggesting the COVID response has basically deteriorated into primitive superstition for alot of folks. Especially some Karens out there its become like the church of coronavirus. The fear has so thoroughly taken hold that these folks are literally acting like self-righteous religious zealots in their dealings with others out in public.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I had 4 co workers in my district catch it back in July and all 4 are back to work now like nothing happened.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Welcome to page 2

brex, R1M370 and Phl218 like this.
  9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I was working with one of these karens, in West Yellowstone. On her off time she played minecraft all summer. Only left her RV to get food/supplies. Never went for a hike, a drive (she drove alone with a mask) or enjoyed the outdoors just out side the west gate to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Granted she has been a seasonal in the area the previous two years but there are still areas to explore as she never heard of some of the places that I visited.

jrsamples likes this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

....but then, its not like its anything new. Just rinse and repeat.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6085018/
    Abstract
    Fear is now commonly used in public health campaigns, yet for years ethical and efficacy-centered concerns provided a challenge to using fear in such efforts. From the 1950s through the 1970s, the field of public health believed that using fear to influence individual behavior would virtually always backfire......

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So looking at the data I have to suspect it is cooked: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Only 6K flue deaths?
    Only 82K Wuhan deaths without flu, yet the media constantly threw around 150K.

Seems the numbers are always changing and never upward. Add in some known cases like the one in Florida where a guy crashed his bike and died yet was Wuhanned. After getting caught the state official actually tried to justify it on camera.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Pink.jpg

Ducti89 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been saying that since the beginning, they are enamored with being a part of this huge horrible thing. If it turns out it wasn't anything bad they lose that feeling so they have to keep pushing it being horrible.

Ducti89, cav115 and 418 like this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I had a coworker catch it. He's dead. Not sure about other comorbidities, but I believe he was a heavy smoker at one time.

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I thought that was supposed to be a positive early on? I thought I heard people saying it was time to start smoking if you didn't. Of course I failed to take that advice as well.

16. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Haven't seen too much of it recently, but probably just another case of people (not you) needing to be reminded that:

Correlation ≠ Causation

Ducti89 likes this.
  17. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Only one of the 4 that works with us met all the "you're gonna die requirements " but that fat bastard is still drinking cholesterol by the gallon and the hypochondri ac of our group.... well hes died and reincarnated himself 5 or 6 times in the 17yrs I've worked with him :D.

Coworkers really thought big boy was done for when he got the positive test but made it back to work with no problem.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He was put on a ventilator early in the game. I'm not convinced that is routinely a good move. Not sure about his recent smoker status, he worked for another department. Good dude. He will be missed.

R1M370 and 418 like this.
  19. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Damn that sux, sorry for the loss.

Wonder if the ventilator was a bad idea for him?

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Haven't nurses been saying the vent is the last ditch effort when they can't keep their O2 sats up. Putting people on vents early is what was supposedly blowing their lungs out and killing them.

There's alot of learning they've done since Feb-March. There's quite a few protocol of drugs and therapeutics that have demonstrated efficacy (HCQ being just one of them).

Probably part of the reason why actual death counts have been falling precipitously all over the world...they know how to actually treat it, not 100% maybe but alot better than they initially did.

Ducti89 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.