1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's interested in minimoto track days at DMVMiniGP near BWI?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by DmanSlam, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Who's Devin and what is this eliminating mini moto you speak of?
    Sandy Hook is available to rent for $500/half day and $750/all day and includes staff and ambulance per their website. I prefer the track at BWI though.

2. Spang308

Just clicked around on their calender. It looks like October the sessions go back to 12-8 open practices.

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Devin is the owner of United Karting/DMVMiniGP.

Apparently some riders' pit shenanigans have resulted in complaints from other Customers and that's gotten Devin's hair standing up on the back of his neck.
    Instead of maybe posting a sign that says shenanigans will get you dismissed for the day, he's opted to reduce time mini moto can ride there and punish ALL mini moto
    riders instead of just the offenders. Which is an unfair dick move, in my opinion.

I was at NJMP at the kart tracks on Father's Day and the whole day there was about $100. Maybe it was more because it was a weekend. The drive's the same distance as Summit Point for me, and the track layouts are better than DMV's and Sandy Hook, so if if I have to drive there to practice, so be it.

4. Spang308

Any idea what the pit shenanigans were? I've never observed any minimoto guys acting stupid in the pits.

5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Were you there with miniGP? If so, that's why the rate was so high. Pre-Covid, they would split the kart tracks into karting and open bike practice from Wed-Sun starting at 11am. Was $65 to ride all day, and more often than not I was the only bike out there.

DmanSlam likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

No. It was not a NJMINIGP day.

The NJMINIGP practice day we went to July 12 was actually a little less expensive.

7. SuddenBraking

That's kinda weird - sure hope they didn't raise the prices that high. The $65 was the best value on two wheels (IMO).

8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

100 bucks a day is still damn cheap..........just sayin’:D

9. Spang308

Fiddy 8 and change for half day is in the whole lotta fun fo a little relm too.
    :D

10. StaccatoFan

Agreed @Spang308, but if the owner's going to be a jerk because of the actions of a few of the MiniMoto riders there, not sure I want to support his bottom line.
    My son and I have done nothing to have our choices of hours to ride at that facility curtailed. Why do we have to bear the brunt of the actions of others?
    I was excited about that place opening last year for the convenient location to give my son and I a place to play 20 minutes from my house, inexpensive, and lots and lots
    of seat time for the kiddo. It's becoming a shit show.

But, then again...what in Maryland doesn't become a shit show?

britx303 likes this.
  11. ronp

ronp Member

Why do you think the new schedule is anti-Moto? The Karts have the exact same practice schedule as the Motos. Also, what bad behavior are you referring to. Almost all the Motos I've seen there are well behaved, slow, old men and young kids. I'm not happy with the new schedule either, but I just assumed it was pro RENTALS, which is their biggest money maker.

12. StaccatoFan

When it was ALL day for $60 bucks, then it's sequestered to 4 hours...well, that's not PRO Mini-Moto. That's for damned sure.

And if Devin thinks I'm going to consider giving him $1000 for an open practice all season pass...for a not open practice 4 hours maybe twice a week, Ninja please.

13. Spang308

I don't even ride there enough to make a membership viable from a cost/benefit standpoint. Looks like Oct the hours return to what they were earlier. Maybe the rental kart business dies off then?

14. StaccatoFan

Neither do we, since I don't have my son every weekend.

If we can ride noon-8pm on Sundays in Oct, cool.

15. ronp

ronp Member

Don't get excited about longer hours in October. They didn't update the September schedule to show the limited Moto/Kart practice till September. We won't know what they'll do in October till October.

Also, I'm going to point out again that open Motos and open Karts practice at the same time, alternating sessions. The Karts are in the same boat as the Motos.

Every month there is at least one Moto race day. That's all Moto, no Karts or Rentals. Those, however, are boring unless the NJMP crowd shows up. They also require you to commit to being there all day.

The $1000 season pass never made sense. You'd have to live at the track for that to pay off. Any Kart or Moto who purchased the pass should be angry about the reduced hours.

DmanSlam likes this.
  16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

$1000 season pass? Y’all never raced a weekend at Daytona :D

17. StaccatoFan

The High Banks of Daytona have just never called to me, and the agony of a drive to that place kinda adds to the lack of my desire to go there.
    The couple trips I've made to Barber were painful enough.

18. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Agreed.

19. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Minimoto riders, there's plenty of track time this coming weekend, starting Friday, in the Maryland area.

20. SuddenBraking

@DmanSlam What's the difference between the Thurs/Fri 8am-8pm "open competition" and the Sat/Sun 8am-12pm "open practice"?

upload_2022-7-31_10-1-6.png