1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enclosed Trailer Features

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by prm, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Great thread, gave me some ideas for my hi point enclosed trailer. I did see where it was mentioned that a ramp door is the first Area for frame rot. First thing I do with any trailer is get up under it with a can of woolwax, they have it in aerosol can form where you can spray it on and not worry about rust. It stays on very well, Especially with a trailer being there not used everyday. I use it on my 1990 Toyota 4x4 frame as well. The stuff is amazing and you won’t have any rust.

prm likes this.
  2. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I had not heard of woolwax. It looks interesting. May have to try on my truck too.

3. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

4. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I buy the stuff by the case, I can not stand rust and have tried so many methods up until I found woolwax. Love the stuff.

5. DmanSlam

6. capt_slow

capt_slow Active Member

No kidding, those Featherlite trailers are $$$. Thanks for the recommendations.

ducnut likes this.
  7. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I have, well my wife has, a Featherite horse trailer. They are in fact really nice! If I had the budget that's what I would have purchased. My trailer works, but don't confuse it for a high quality trailer. For what I wanted and needed right now, my trailer is fine.

8. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I pic ked up a well used 6x11 v-nose this summer.
    So far pulled it on 2 trips.
    This thread is great that I will revert to when I spruce her up over the off season.

9. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I just picked one up. A 7.5’x12’ and am currently working on how to organize the interior. Good thread to help with that!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Very nice purchase...
    I'll be looking for same width but 16' long. Tired of playing Tetris in my 12' V-nose lol

11. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I plan on doing some remodeling of mine over the winter. Don't like the wooden cabinets in it. They don't fit well and they can't handle the road vibrations very well. I like the aluminum or stainless stuff I've seen some people have, but those aren't cheap. I'll have to look around at various options.

12. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Nothing is cheap when it comes those trailer options !!!

sbk1198 likes this.
  13. Monsterdood

Getting there. Got the TRS installed and have the Pitbull stands and leathers in place. I think I will do a tire shelf at some point, but strapping then to the lower etrack should work for now. Planning a helmet/glove/boot shelf for above the 2 small tables on the wall. And it will be pretty close to done. What do y’all recommend for tire chocks? I was thinking a removable one for the pit scooter on the right but not for the race bike on the left. Never used one with the TRS in the past.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prm likes this.
  14. Monsterdood

Built a little shelf with a lip for helmets, boots and gloves. I used the e-track shelf attachments, drilled some large holes for bungie hooks, and used spray adhesive to glue down some drawer/shelf liner. It’s a bit heavy being 3/4” plywood but at least the holes don’t weigh anything.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prm and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Baxley makes a scooter wheel sized chock for ~$220.
    Otherwise if its a standard wheel sized you can make some 2x4 inserts for smaller wheels.

Monsterdood likes this.
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

get a removable Pitbull wheel chock... all you need is 2 tie downs and it dose t take up space like a bulky Baxley

17. Monsterdood

Trailer came with two removable wheel chocks (they’re in the red boxes in the photo above). Once I figure out where the scooter goes, I guess I’ll install one of those and maybe use a spacer like mentioned above for the tiny scooter tire. Thanks. Lol, I’m not a new racer but a new trailer owner...

18. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

This maybe isn't as useful in the 6' height trailers, but a lot of people forget about the 2x4 e-track attachments. You can use two of them and span with interior width of the trailer to make a shelf wherever you want it. The garage portion of my toy hauler is very tall, so I have two 2x4's spanning the width, about 18" apart and I use it as a tire rack - I can get around 14 tires on it. I have tons of bike hooks and smaller hooks in the wood so when we are pitting out of it, we can hang all sorts of stuff in there (clothes, rain jackets, suits, cords, stands, etc).
    Capture1.PNG

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  19. DmanSlam

There is a LOT of good threads on trailers on this forum.

Rather than start my own thread, I'm picking one to post a question or two.

1) Coin flooring or other type of 'mat' covering -- What's everyone doing to prevent any fluids from seeping to the wood flooring along the edges? Tiles don't seem to be the best choice (imo) since the tile seams allow fluids to seep through. Almost stripped and re-painted the flooring, but cleaning it or it potentially peeling is something I want to avoid.

2) Surface rust on the trailer frame -- What product is best for (possibly) eliminating light, surface rust or just preventing any further rusting? There are products that convert the rust and turn it black/make it paintable. I don't really want to re-paint the frame. Just stop any further rusting. Eliminating it would be a 'plus'.

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

1) Don't spill.
    2) Aluminum.
    :D