1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 canceled

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Sep 11, 2020.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

If you die in a car accident and you happen to have COVID antibodies they’ll call you a COVID death.

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Whered u find this data? Ive been looking for nationwide data for a while.

Thats showing about 50k extra deaths or about an extra death per 6000 of the general US population. Thats in line with the Iowa numbers.

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Cdc. Just search for Covid excess deaths. Its far more than 50k excess. Closer to 175k.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

All the old, sick people who would be dying now, died this past spring?

5. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Yes 100% refunded here.

Ducti89 likes this.
  6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Yep you are right its more than 50k. Doing some digging at cdc site, a very small portion of the excess deaths are due to respiratory issues. Most excess deaths per state were alzheimers and cardiac issues and the other normal typical causes of death. Which says to me the lockdowns resulted in worse healthcare resulting in deaths an order of magnitude worse than the 'Rona. If thats the case its a real shame.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This has been brought up numerous times since March.....the number of additional deaths that would likely be occurring due to both lockdowns and fear created that would result and people with actual life-threatening issues (cardiac, cancer, diabeetus etc) not going or unable to go in to get the care and treatment they needed.

This plandemic is pure political propaganda at this point. Zero science to warrant this type of a response.

backcountryme and YamahaRick like this.
  8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that MA is running a race in Indy the week before, Laguna the week after. Participation was going to be way down.

Plus I think they need to get these teams signed up at the beginning of the season, when everyone has money in the bank, energy in the tank, and has been suffering several months of bone chilling cold, vs. spending everything they have racing for the previous 6 months.

9. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

We were planning to go from Indy to Daytona to Laguna as were others on the MA circuit that entered in March.

10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

a "club race" that just happens to pay out more money than any single "professional motorcyele race" in the country.. of any motorcycle series in the USA. Even possbily more payout than some professional bike racing payouts for an entire season.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

well and you get a special watch and your name on the winners wall. So it is an exclusive club...hehe

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is more to professional racing than purse money or else we'd have all been running pro races in the heyday of contingency payouts...

13. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Since the 200 got cancelled, what are the rules on purse payout? Did they run qualifying? I don't remember. Seems by not running the race, and if they don't have to pay the purse, it saves them a good chunk of change. 175k payout vs. refunding 15-20k-ish in entry fees.

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I was kidding. You know that's been the running joke since CCS took it over. I actually feel really bad for the racers that invested time and money into this twice only to have it not happen.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. MELK-MAN

Daytona speedway puts up the $175,000 .. the speedway prefers to keep the "Daytona 200" going, even if it costs money. When AMA/DMG (can't remember who was in charge at time) decided to stop going to Daytona as a pro series round, the speedway wanted to keep the name "Daytona 200" going, and partnered with ccs to do so.
    It would seem more rational, that the speedway would rather put off the D200 since they can't have spectators paying money, concessions, and the vendors that set up large displays outside the speedway pay a lot of money to do so.. even though there aren't that many spectators IN the speedway, some are better than none. With no spectating allowed, city banning biketoberfest activities and other goings-on.. the speedway won't take in the money they count on to offset the purse money they put up to run the 200. just my theory and that of some others i spoke with this weekend..

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. MELK-MAN

i'm not gonna argue semantics... it's a fact, that the D200 pays more than any other single motorcycle race in this country. Prove me wrong..

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure it does. Doesn't make it a pro race any more than the Toyota Challenge thing at Willow was. Purse money does not make something professional in and of itself.

18. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read it was something about how much you can bench press is what determines whether it's professional or not.

19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

upload_2020-9-16_15-36-21.png

JBall likes this.
  20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Ha, the Beeb will beat stuff to death then revive it just to beat it to death again. And again. And again. And again.