1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Above ground swimming pools

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Sep 15, 2020.

1. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I've tried searching already. Considering buying one during the off season. Know a friend who just picked one up ridiculously cheap at Walmart. Starting my 'research' project here..

What say the all knowing 'Beeb?

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yo Wank...come a little south to Florida. They're giving the things away.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

When it was 90º+ for weeks this summer, I swear I was gonna get a couple of these for the driveway, one for each of us. :D
    61GMQsAOWKL._CR0,0,640,640_UX175.jpg
    A buddy of mine does above ground pools in the NOLA area. He's been a busier beaver this year than he was last year.

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

If you're finding them cheap, good on you.

The Intex 15' kit we paid $250 for shipped last summer has been anywhere from $600 to $1200 this year.

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Last year i bought a 12' Intex kit filter with cover for $133 shipped in 90F. It is on sale right now for $350

6. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

No Intel pools!

There is a pool shortage right now. I got ours from poolfactory.com.

Go to troublefreepool.com and search their forums for vendors selling on there. I use their method for pool care and in 5 years have had no issues.

Spend money on a clip on liner and cartridge filter. Makes maintaining it much easier.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

We have a pond and a pool, the pond would be better for you!

sharkattack likes this.
  8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

shot gun

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

yep, some serious war profiteering going on this year.

BigBird likes this.
  11. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I believe it’s “Cannonball!” isn’t it? It’s been a while since I saw that classic movie. Sooooo many great movie lines in there.

jrsamples likes this.
  12. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

From the late, great Mitch Hedberg:
    “I saw a commercial for an above-ground pool, it was 30 seconds long. Because that's the maximum amount of time you can picture yourself having fun in an above-ground pool. If it was 31 seconds, the actor would say "The water is only up to here? What do I do now? Throw the ball back to Jimmy? Or put some goggles on and look at his feet?"”

MachineR1, Dragginass and notbostrom like this.
  13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Just no

SuddenBraking likes this.
  14. zbunny

zbunny Well-Known Member

https://www.costco.com/bestway-powe...-above-ground-pool-set.product.100601216.html

I think this is the same pool that we purchased 2 summers ago and hid from our HOA in our sunken patio area.
    It worked well for therapy and pain relief for our senior dog. Sadly he passed away in September of that year and we threw away the pool rather than clean and store it.

It was easy to put together and included everything we needed to get started. If you don’t like it you can return it to Costco for a full refund.

We had never had a pool and it was really easy to clean and take care of. We 3D printed a few adapters for the hoses and I may have a few prototypes if you decide to purchase the same item.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.