1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegas

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

@JBraun that wouldn't be too enjoyable in this heat.

upload_2020-8-18_9-37-29.png

Attached Files:

2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Sheeeeeit. It gets that hot at tracks all over the country all summer long.

Afraid you might sweat through your skirt?

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

98 was the temp at 9am it was getting in the teens most days and the cool day was only 109.

JBraun likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's now the Linq and not sure on the car stuff, sadly I never made the time to go see it when it was the Imperial and it definitely existed.

5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Closed as of Jan 2018

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It must be closing in on that by you. I've been training BJJ in east county and it's been pretty spicy out there. Hell, we're seeing upper 80s at the beach...

7. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I just accidentally spent the night in Vegas on Friday, Sept 11th. My wife and I were on our way to Yosemite, but the fires in the park torched that plan. The wife had never been to Vegas and wanted to see the strip. Friday night the place was PACKED, nuts to butts. Construction all up and down the strip made traffic pretty bad. No distancing and maybe 20% mask wearing, if that matters to anyone thinking of going. I heard the place was dead, but not true in my experience. I hadn't been to Vegas in about 18 years and I can't believe how disgusting the strip is now. Piss, vomit, junkies and homeless. It was absolutely filthy and vile. We did Red Rock Canyon and then got out of Dodge.

8. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Little exaggeration there, maybe you stayed at circus circus. The nicer hotels are not like that. It is very busy on the weekends, it's like the only place you can go for a fairly cheap get away. How ever weekdays are really cheap since there are no conventions.

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I've read there is a greater number of low-brow people visiting LV, due to the low hotel rates (properties desperate for business). Therefore, more gun/knife fights, brawls, other foolish behavior, etc.

I'd also add a lot of folks were basically "jailed" in their own homes/communities for many months, and there is a lot of angst that needs to be released. Not all can do this in a constructive manner.

10. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

This is true but I would say it is still safe, the police are pretty good. The convention customers are business people so are nicer. We need conventions

11. deathwagon

I stayed off-strip in a nice hotel. It was the strip itself that I was referring to, and no exaggeration at all.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lots and lots of people on the after work cheap flights the last couple of times we've been there who best I can tell have never had the ability to go before. I would definitely see it as a lot more hood rats who don't get out much letting loose big time.

13. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

Its been over 15 years since I was in sin city but I do remember staying in the Stratosphere hotel. Thats the tall spaceship looking hotel with a roller coaster on the roof. The restaurant is a giant circular window that revolves and gives you some amazing views of the city. Great place to take your new wife to dinner! With that said, I'm sure everything is closed.

Take a trip out to Lake Tahoe (fucking beautiful) if the fires allow... Not too far from Napa Valley either which is beautiful and great for honeymooners! We were just there a few weeks ago..

14. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Last time I was in Vegas was ten years ago, and the Strat was a sh1thole then. Definitely low brow crowd.

wheelz96 likes this.
  15. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

I was referring to the restaurant, not staying in the hotel. To be fair, I don't think I remember anything but that restaurant and the rest just cost me lots of money and left me with a empty blackhole in my head that I will never get back...

16. deathwagon

The demographic last week was interesting for sure. Based on appearances alone, I would say your assessment is correct. “Someday, a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.” Too bad it doesn't rain often there. The pedestrian areas of the strip are in desperate need of a pressure washing. I wanted to burn my boots when I got back to my hotel.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The best part for me was the hood rats combined with the mid westerners - both groups were absolutely confused by each other :crackup:

Rico888 likes this.
  18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

One of my exe's lives in Vegas and this is exactly how she describes it right now.

19. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I was in Atlantic City on Sunday after the races and your description fits perfect. I think that might be the norm though :)