1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photography thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Mar 28, 2020.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

A few pics of my gf's service dog in training when we met him on Monday, he's a year old and his name is fawkes.
    Pictures are shot on my a7iii and a viltrox 85m 1.8 I bought to try out some portrait photography

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. noles19

And just a nice sunset pictures from my front yard

[​IMG]

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Great looking dog ! :)

noles19 likes this.
  4. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

955F6087-91E2-4FF0-B42E-E2F7B85B58AA.jpeg Sunset on the Susquehanna while kayaking. Shot with an iPhone

5. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

979C189A-E16A-4DCC-9A6A-6A0257965C4C.jpeg
    another iPhone photo of a storm blowing past three mile island during a kayak trip

jrsamples, j cal and Banditracer like this.
  6. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Cell phone cameras are so good nowadays I question why I spend so much on camera gear. I have a new RF mount lens for my Canon on the way that put a serious dent in my wallet

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

TakeItApart and noles19 like this.
  7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Awesome. Almost forgot about that place. That one deal killed US nukes. I remember that there was a plant in NC that Electric Cities was having built at that time. EC is a group of municipalities that pool their money to own a nuke plant and thereby rape their customers better. They contracted Duke Engineering to build it, IIRC. They were into the project ass hole deep.....many millions.....and then everything got shut down. Each of those cities still owe that money (many millions for each town), but the state hasn't got the balls to make them pay it back. So......rate payers can do it, spread out to towns that didn't go on the boondoggle.

8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Excellent point. I suppose it depends on how clean you want the images, plus the rigs can do a much wider range of pix with different lenses. I'm just looking for decent pix for the memories file.

j cal likes this.
  9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I had a macro lens, but thought it would fly away before I could change out. Ended up, sitting there for 30 pics, just about all them out of focus.

[​IMG]

10. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That water looks delish!....

12. motoboy

Ted Sandyman has poured out filth a purpose; they’ve fouled all the lower Water, and it’s getting down into Brandywine.

Or just good old Upstate SC red clay with amateurish and heavy handed post production. :cool:

13. motoboy

Naked:
    20200911_192810.jpg

jrsamples and David-imoddavid like this.
  14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Up early getting ready for a track day. Everyone in sight had their phones out

Attached Files:

jrsamples, j cal, motoboy and 2 others like this.
  15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You knew something was up when the water match the curtains... (Well, you know what I mean...)

motoboy likes this.
  16. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Anyone use a 14mm Rokinon lens?
    I'm not paying $2000 for a Canon L.

17. noles19

Manual or Auto focus?

18. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

7923.JPG
    .Daytona 2006?