1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teknic Chicane Leather Suit $350 size 42US/52euro

Discussion in 'Race Gear and Accessories For Sale' started by svlowkey, Sep 10, 2020.

1. svlowkey

svlowkey Member

Selling my Teknic Chicane Race Suit to upgrade to an airbag system. It's in great condition, I've ridden 1 track day with it, hence the knee slider usage. More photos from that track day are here so you can see what the suit looks like (I was wearing an additional neck brace):
    https://imgur.com/a/75AZY7K

I am 5'10" and 150lbs, the suit fits me nicely, still plenty of room for an extra back protector, or someone with a bigger build, but provides a good athletic fit. This is a great suit with foam removable back protector, and knee, shoulder, elbow pads integrated. Never crashed in the suit, normal marks from usage. No tears or issues with any stitching.

$350 and buyer pays shipping (I am still working out shipping estimates). I'm in Ventura, CA 93003

Revzilla review:
    (don't mind that guy staring deep into your soul...)

Suit Features
    Race cut, anatomical pre-curved arms, legs and torso developed in conjunction with all Teknic races worldwide
    Outer shell of top quality (1.2-1.4mm thick) cowhide
    TASC (Teknic Advanced Seam Construction). Rows of hidden stitching providing maximum seam strength
    Advanced knee and elbow pockets secures armor in the outer shell
    Teknic Armorshield protectors in knees, shoulders, elbows and back
    Foam padding in key secondary impact areas
    Knee stretch panels allows better knee movement
    Safety Wrap seat lined with second layer of leather
    Full Motion Arm System, a panel of stretch spandex that extends from the cuff to the chest of the suit with no seams
    Teknic Full Motion Leg System, a 1-piece stretch spandex panel from the crotch to the calf
    Comfort collar system: 1-piece neoprene collar, with reshaped rear section
    All zippers are genuine YKK zippers
    Full frontal perforations, allowing maximum air flow
    Airtex lining is anti-bacterial and non-allergenic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Lazy question: what's shipping to Columbia MD?

3. svlowkey

svlowkey Member

I'll try to take a look and get an estimate. Probably 15lbs and 12"x16"x20" approx box size depending on what I can find.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

<----I have this same suit in white (avatar). Its served me quite well through the years.....actually one of the better fitting off the rack suits I've owned.

svlowkey likes this.
  5. svlowkey

svlowkey Member

Yeah I agree, really do like the suit, wouldn't sell it except for doing an upgrade to the airbag vest. I actually considered just running the vest inside this suit since there are decent stretch panels... but I was a sucker to marketing.

@DmanSlam it looks like UPS says $75 for ground to MD. If I plugged that in correctly, you might want to double check. Origin zip is 93003
    (edit - got the estimate wrong the first time...)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  6. DmanSlam

Sounds about right. Unfortunately.

7. DmanSlam

Thanks for checking!

8. svlowkey

svlowkey Member

If I don't get any bites locally after a while, maybe we can work something out to split shipping or something if you're still interested. I'll probably want to keep the ad up for a while though before taking that route.

DmanSlam likes this.
  9. svlowkey

svlowkey Member