1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I may be going away for a while.

Discussion in 'General' started by SirCrashAlot, Sep 9, 2020.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I can help you with your problem but you're going to have to
    buy a bunch of pre-paid phone cards.

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I bet there are not many on the beeb that know the Tsali story.

britx303 likes this.
  4. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Same here. I’ll play along but they eventually know I’m fucking with them and usually call me White Devil and then hang up. If I really feel like it, I’ll call them back and keep it going.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

Sabre699 and sdg like this.
  6. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

From my observations in the office bathrooms over there it affects everyone the same. I was surprised, I thought the locals would have a built up tolerance, nope.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

There's some really fun videos on Youtube of [ethical] hackers being inadvertently contacted by these scammers and they give them a taste of their own medicine. When allowing the scammer to remotely connect to their PC (actually a VM image they can easily wipe and restore) they usually install a keylogger or something on the scammers system during the remote sessions and begin their own recon work of the scammer while pretending to be some know nothing schmuck.

This one particularly elegantly done hack the guy was able to tap into the scammers office surveillance camera and was watching him as he was talking to him. He would hop around to different camera views all over the office (it was literally a cubicle farm of scammers, looked like your typical corporate office, I think it was in Mumbai). He captured names, financial records off their various PCs and when he had sufficient info I think he submitted it all to the BBC (since they had way more clout/influence/reach that he would) and they worked with the local police the raid the place.

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Give them a good guess for a social security number.
    Whats the problem.. 3-2-4
    three digits, followed by two followed by 4.

They will never know they are not yours. Let them then try and get a credit card with a random 9 digit number you gave them.
    I have my accounts frozen which makes opening a new credit line pretty hard. Have unfrozen it 3 times in 5 years.

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Agreed. I could go all dungeony.......but I’ll refrain:D

10. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

I try and do that. When I start asking questions they always hang up on me. I need to refine my technique lol

11. loser

loser Well-Known Member

Day one, establish dominance.

12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Go straight for the throat; threaten to kill Ramindeep’s family, tell him you have so much clean water that you shit in it and that we eradicated polio here more than half a century ago.

Suckdeep doesn’t like it when you argue with him that his name isn’t Kevin, and you keep calling him Suckdeep when his real name is probably Riaz.

Have fun with it. See if you can rile up Assim and all his friends in the cube farm to the point that they pass your number around the office, call you in quick succession and ask; “Yes Mr. Plarp, are you going to buy a first class ticket to come kill me? ...”

No dude, it’s so I can fuck your mom. (They hate mom jokes, they’re considered most offensive).

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I get so many spam calls everyday... I dont even answer my phone anymore.
    Some are for Edwards (according to google and old guy that is dead now but use to own my phone number 15 years ago)

The latest one I answer was Microsoft support, my computer had issues and I had to log in immediately. I asked which computer, i have more than 1, she got very confused.

14. joec

joec brace yourself

Tex mawby and I scam baited a guy several years back and we posted the interaction on another bbs we were on. I was the seller of the item..tex was there shipper.. The guy was sending us forged bank checks from US banks and money orders. No one cared.. It was about 2 weeks of entertainment before the working at the home for motherless orphans shtick wore thin on the guy.. then I told him I spent all of the money on 2 prostitutes and a pile of cocaine and asked for more money.

15. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

That would need to be a daily occurrence

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I had a guy once online that I was 'buying' an RC51 from. I had him ready to add the 3rd cylinder diesel conversion kit. Now I just click off without saying anything.

YamahaRick and Knotcher like this.
  17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

We did have some fun with that guy. Remember Tex was going to detour from Chicago to Alaska to pick up a paart the guy was going to "hold" for me for some more money. If you can get them to believe they can scam more money than they were planning on you can string them along for a while longer.

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I don't have the patience or time for it but @#$ing with them is kind of a public service. It ties them up and makes scamming less profitable, maybe helping them not scam an old gullible person.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pick up some "Indian" swear words and start calling them those. Benchod (sister f@cker), madharchod (a person who likes to have sex with his mother). . . google it, there are tons of them and some real winners. :D

Also, call him slumdog millionaire and ask him if they will blind him with a spoon if he fails to scam you.

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine got a similar call while i was eating lunch with him.

he works for social security. Kept the guy on the line for at least 10 minutes, asking him his extension, so he could take the call on his office phone, etc.