1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I've ridden my brother's 19 Husqy 300. Both of us like the carb'd 300s more for 2T. It's still a great bike.

2. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

The answer is always YZ250. Actually the answer is 3 YZ250s, that's what works for me.

TurboBlew and Knotcher like this.
  3. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I concur. Own both, also turned a couple into 300s, I really like those...

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

That's all I gotta say....

Attached Files:

5. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

10000% My husky TX300i is the shit haha!

turner38 likes this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

For me is was MPs. Riding through Fort Benjamin Harrison with the toe of our boot covering the exhaust on our way to their "woods". We'd lose 'em quick enough but then they got wise and preceded our arrival to the woods and lay in wait for an ambush. Good times that, I believe, were the catalyst for the development of bark busters. :D

7. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Might want to check out "ankle savers" (google it). Fastway and Crain products come to mind.

8. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

I assume you're saying that in jest --> "most of the time". That's not the case any more for newer two strokes even though manufacturers still recommend a topend rebuild every 40 hours. My '01 YZ250 2T definitely went "off" approaching 40 hours. But the KTMs and Huskies go 80-100+ hours on the topend without issues.

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yeah, a slight exaggeration :D, but to give you an idea why I say it, my 4T bike is 20 years old, I've had the valve cover off a number of times to check lash, put the valve cover right back on each time. I expect next time will be the same thing...check, all's good. :beer:

10. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Haven’t ridden a 2019, did ride a 2018 300 husky that was a carbed bike and it was good. The 2020 TPI bike is pretty magical to
    Me though. Will chug down to almost nothing and just keep going as long as the throttle is open.
    Suspension is plusher than anything I’ve ridden and there just isn’t a whole lot it does wrong.

JMO

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You must live up north.

12. Do you ride in overalls? How does it do when they catch the wind? :) Like usual crap,got in the way of me having fun time on the bike today. Did have fun testing out props and settings on a 2020 carbon layup Allison bass boat with a 350 merc on it through. People were looking at me funny while I was cruising down the lake with my Arai dirt helmet and Leatt on though. Hooked up some half assed data logging to it so I could get some real numbers. Did quite a few 2 way kilo (kilometer no kilo of ) runs. Best was 104.5 avg but best prop overall was only good for 100.7mph. Not bad loaded up for fishing, 3/4 tank of fuel and 10 gal Water in live well. So I guess I had a bit more fun

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  13. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

People live actually live south of I-80?

14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

:crackup:

gpz11 likes this.
  15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I see you’re in Aurora. I grew up in Batavia. That’s a tough area for dirt riding.

16. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Oh, it’s not all bad. There some spots within an hour or so.

17. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

:D
    Been known to ride in Overalls from time to time... Work
    Pretty well with Knee pads under them. :D:D

104.5 is pretty stout, never knew fish could swim that fast!

18. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

No way man! ...My 1985/86 Yamaha Tri Z 250/Klemm 350 ....
    That's where it's at...lol

Attached Files:

gpz11 and renegade17 like this.
  19. They don’t but when you do maybe one fishing tournament a year, have money and always have to have the best you get the best. It’s actually not the best “bass fishing” boat but p, well who am I kidding, I can overlook the fishing shortfalls for a 100mph bass boat, anD a stable one at that. The $128k is a bit on the steep side, like over the mountain on the way down steep side. Still can’t convince him to buy dirt bikes or even an sxs.

turner38 likes this.
  20. That is awesome, in a sadistic “it tried to kill me” kind of way.