1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

My $500k gamble has added an additional $160k to that number...

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I'm liking some of my oilfield stuff...c'mon TUSK and BKR....keep it going.

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

DIS is my latest victory. I bought some when they announced they were buying Hulu. Then I doubled down when it was low in March. I've now got a total gain of over 25%.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

the tuesday announcement included?

5. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

As of Sep 4, 2020, my overall portfolio is up +14.31% for the year. Not bad considering RONA caused Havac on the stock market. What's yours?

My best returns are: As of Sep 4,2020

Rocket Companies: +36.44%
    Marathon Oil: +58.79%

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

In July 2019 I got in on some Amazon at 1888/share. It’s done ok for me so far.

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Well I'm +33% or so since March so, have had a good overall track record, but not as good as it could've been. Overall I'm happy.

8. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I should cashed out everything I had and mortgaged against my house for Amazon stock when the scamdemic started.

9. kangasj

kangasj Banned

44% since the beginning of the year if I go by spot......Silver... In reality it's higher since nobody sells physical for spot price.

10. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

You guys preparing for a pre-election dip? Has anyone looked at historical trends on it?

11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I know the year OMB won...... almost everything I had went nuts right after the election....for months.

Pre election is usually a great time. This year is gonna be a weird one.

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm still up around %30 It's been holding there for over a month. There was a BIG spike in some of my oil and gas stocks around June 8th for no real reason that I could find (about 3 days in a row of ~%20 a day), and I cashed out a few, then bought back in a week later when they dropped back to "normal". I wish I would have done that with all.....But, still it was a nice windfall of a couple hundred bucks. I poured that money into some pure gamble that promptly dropped even more so they're dragging me down a bit, but if they get back to %75 of where they were pre covid I'm laughing (loudly :) ). If they go T U I'll probably laugh too, but a bit quieter. September so far has been down about 6-7%. I've been very passive the past few months, don't think I even made a trade in august, and have gone many days in a row without even looking.

The next couple months have me a bit worried both with your election, and the potential for back to school sending us back into a full blown lockdown again if the teacher unions get their way. It's going to be interesting.....

I probably could have made more $$ buying and selling tools and equipment during this time though. But it would have been way more work than just thumbing around on my phone. Cash money I could hold instead of traceable 1's and 0's in cyberspace though. It's been fun gambling.

13. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I've got a bit of Tesla stock from working there for a little while. Very interesting roller coaster ride. Even with the tumble in the past week I consider myself very blessed with this being the first time that I've been awarded stock for working at a company. My wife and I are deciding when to sell a chunk in order to take a big chunk out of our mortgage.

BigBird and socal like this.
  14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Trying to stay apolitical here... The one thing that the market hates most of all is uncertainty. I'm pretty sure that the uncertainty is only going to ratchet up on 4 November.

15. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

This week has been rough.

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

oh yeah. Cashed out of Roku at $195 (paid $104) a couple days ago, other than that things have been pretty weak.
    After a few exhaustive minutes of research I bought some PSEC, TSM, and SBR

17. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Been working and not paying attention. I just sold most of my general stocks again. Can't see the next 2 months of political crazyness, riots, if Biden gets elected?? Trump gets elected, riots????? Looking to ween back in but so much is up in the air and the market is artificially inflated pretending things are normal

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Are you really this stupid or do you just play an idiot on the internet?

19. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Depending on which girl you ask, word on wall street was to come on 13x forums for stock advice

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Total bloodbath for me. Its not pretty.