1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The burbs, city, country...where do you live?

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Sep 4, 2020.

1. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

on a few acres at the end of a dead end gravel road 30 minutes out of town. :cool:

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Wow, she's pretty.

But I bet she doesn't give great back rubs. I wear contacts now, so I look a bit thinner now.

[​IMG]

Wingnut likes this.
  3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

OK, where?

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

My parents just sold their place in Franklin Lakes and had multiple offers well north of asking within 48 hours.

5. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

HPPT likes this.
  6. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

20200904_170829.jpg This is my place. 50acres. 15min from city of 370,000 and 10 minutes from a town of 20,000. 1 minute from a village of 400.

7. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I live smack-dab in the middle of Des Moines, Iowa, in an area known as Beaverdale (Google it).

In addition to myself, Beaverdale is also home to businesses such as Beaver Mower, Beaver Repair, and Beaver Cleaners.

Subaru seems to be the preferred make of car up in this Dale of Beavers.

scottn, Razr, Wingnut and 1 other person like this.
  8. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

In a van, down by the river.

Razr, Wingnut, auminer and 1 other person like this.
  9. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Tell us more about that interesting yard feature....

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

And The home of Beaverfest.

11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Back in early’96 we spent a week in Des Moines. Definitely a memorable time. No idea on community names or Burroughs of where we were exactly. The main thing that stuck out was the rocky horror picture show was still a thing at a theatre and there was a bar in it serving while the movie was playing

Steady T likes this.
  12. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Aaahh...you found Billy Joe's Pitcher Show in West Des Moines. I don't know if that place is still open.

13. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

about an hour north east of Toronto,half hour or so north of Mosport on 28 acres in a 180 year old modernized log cabin

backcountryme and Razr like this.
  14. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Central Missouri.

15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I never knew what the place was called.......I was a guest out there and was kind of along for the ride. I’d like to pass back through Des Moines again eventually, there was so much drinking involved on that trip most of it is a blur:confused::D.

16. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Need pics of said modernized cabin

17. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Ive never really taken any decent pix of it
    [​IMG]

Wingnut likes this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If you do live in a major urban city my heart goes out to you.

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

damn bro... from 2003 to about 2010 i spent at least one weekend a month up there drifting at Englishtown. i still try to at least go once a year to say hey to the boys. why aren't you drifting with Club Loose every other week? i know i'd be if i lived 10 minutes away haha

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Depends of the urban city. You get great services and fares that you don't get in hick country.

The only place I've ever called hell were sleepy suburbs: All the concentration, none of the amenities of urban life.

I'm in the country now.

beac83 likes this.