1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The burbs, city, country...where do you live?

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I split my time between Sedona, Arizona and Cabo San Lucas Baja Mexico. Still have houses in Beaver creek Colorado and Sewall's Point Florida but have those rented out. Im shifting towards being more mobil and having a fixed base in Sedona to leave the majority of stuff while being somewhere else. Ideally in a few more years I'll be spending 2-3 months at each place in season and traveling the rest of the time.

G 97 likes this.
  2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Hey there sexy. Dating anyone?

Funkm05, Chino52405 and auminer like this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You could call it a big city, I'm right across the river from Montreal. But I guess it's a suburb.

4. Wingnut

If you're cuter than this then please submit resume.

Attached Files:

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

So...fiat bits? What is the world coming to?

(Some of you seem to have this place stuff all sorted. I'm still working and hoping to get a slice of private idaho somewhere very remote once that ends. Looking into Baja Sur but a long ways from Cabo)

G 97 likes this.
  6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Draw a line between Tampa and Orlando. Right in the middle is me. 45 minutes and I can be in either city (traffic willing) Decent size town and i'm on the outskirts of it. So, I live in the hot , sweaty belly button of Americas Penis. Fuck, I miss mountains and green trees with seasons.....

7. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Bout 25 miles west of downtown Nashvegas between two small towns in the "country". Got rivers, lakes, and woods all around and some nice twisty roads too. Loving not having to commute during this Covid thing, just need to figure out how to make that permanent because that commute has been getting worse at an alarming rate.

Sweatypants likes this.
  8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i don't wanna say i never realized it, but... i under-estimated the impact of just how immediately noticeable not commuting for 2 hours a day is. extra sleep, off early to go ride mtbs in the woods. it makes me angry thinking about how much life i've been wasting... particularly the commute of the last 5 years.

jrsamples likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I wanna live on an abstract plain :D

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How do you make it work with all those kids? (School, etc.)
    Where? My kid brother too.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

In a village of 70, on a 17k acre lake, 26 miles south of the Mackinaw bridge

motoracer1100 likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

upload_2020-9-4_16-6-46.png Right here

13. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Sabre699 and jrsamples like this.
  14. Wingnut

So my two older daughters, 19 & 15 just got out of the house. 1 in the Air Force, 1 in a boarding school.

3 boys are all doing a mix of Online school, home school, Kumon math and reading and also going to work with me to learn some mechanical skills. Wife has owned 3 Kumon learning centers and use to teach Highschool as well.

HPPT likes this.
  15. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I live in central NJ in a town of about 40 square miles. Only about 65,000 live here! Our county has about 850k.

However, everything is quite close. 30 min to some great beaches, 45 min to mountains and lakes and we are about 38 miles from NYC.

Property taxes and insurance are fucking nutz!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If I cook, it is awesome. Tonight is low country boil.

17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What town? I still own my wife's shitbox she bought in 2006 in Hamilton.

18. njracer

Grew up in Marlboro, moved one town north to Old Bridge.

Sweatypants likes this.
  19. Wingnut

Born in NYC and raised in the Hackensack NJ area. My brothers just moved out of Bergen County into the Hightstown area. Mom moved to an amazing house in Spring Lake a block from the beach. I miss NJ but could never live there again.

BigBird and TurboBlew like this.
  20. njracer

Btw, with the way the real estate market is today, you could probably list it today and have 20 offers by Monday....all over list!

SuddenBraking likes this.