1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Depot or Lowe's?

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Aug 27, 2020.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

HD but only because I can get 4x fuel points at Kroger on HD gift cards.

cpettit likes this.
  2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Here in Canada evictions were paused by the government.

Most new locks and keys come from people rekeying their apartments after a tenant left.

Also, people breaking up and leaving. So many stories of people breaking up but having to keep living with their exes due to not being able to rent a new place.

svracer22, Phl218 and MELK-MAN like this.
  3. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I can get HD gift cards through the Holiday Inn reward points program.

Spent $600 in gift cards in last few months adding a kitchen to my basement apt in my house.

4. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

HD - I worked at Lowe's corporate for about half a minute - bad culture and real sketchy (in my opinion) intent in regards to data harvesting from consumers. HD may be doing the same thing, but at least I'm blissfully ignorant of it.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

At Lowes the blue aprons move toward you.
    At Home Depot the orange ones run from you.

beac83, BigBird and pscook like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lowes if I need a blue toolbox, HD for everything else.

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I won’t ever shop Lowe’s again, but hate when they approach me anyways. That works out for me sticking with HD. Those f*ckers leave me alone:D Plus HD is cheaper by a good bit, at least for 99% of materials for our renovation the past few months.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

They are right across the street from each other in my area. Home Depot has Coke products v/s Lowes Pepsi, so I generally hit HD first. Once I have my drink, I may head over to Lowes if HD doesn't have what I want, or I think I can get it cheaper at Lowes. Also, our two stores tend to stock and price things to offset the others (Lowes - better lighting fixture selection/price, HD - Better flooring selection/price, etc.), so it is generally a win for the shopper if you are paying attention.

Sometimes (if I already have a drink for example), it may come down to who is the easiest to get to at the intersection based on what direction I'm approaching from as to who I hit first.

If I had to pick, probably Home Depot, but happy to have the choice/competition and shop at both. Maybe we'll get Menards down here some day too. Still some empty lots around that interstate exit!

9. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I usually hit up HD for construction materials, especially for roughing in plumbing and electrical. Lowe's seems to have a better line of fixtures (ie. lighting and plumbing) and some higher end flooring. I have both across the street from each other as well. Just depends on what I'm shopping for that day. There was a short time where I only shopped at Lowe's but that was because some dickhead at HD told me my dog was no longer allowed in the store, and his reason was that HD was selling food????????? I was like AYFKM. So I went on a few year hiatus.

10. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Whichever store doesn't have a mask checker at the door.

Me and Menards are done.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  11. auminer

Karens around here will take it upon themselves to set you straight on that issue. Personally, I think that they relish the opportunity.

12. Seiko

Seiko Well-Known Member

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Have you been accosted by a mask nazi ? :crackup:

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I have a Lowes and HD across the street from each other not too far from me as well. For the most part the Lowes isn't as crowded, but when HD started limiting people in the store, requiring masks and closing early, the crowds at Lowes tripled. I bet they loved the bump in business.
    Now that it has settled down a bit, things are back to HD being more crowded. Which is great for me because I like the Lowes better.

15. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

This. Lowes all the way. La casa de pot sucks.

TurboBlew likes this.
  16. auminer

I actually prefer that the know-nothings leave me the hell alone and let me find what I'm looking for in peace.

tl1098 and speedluvn like this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

either way:

[​IMG]

beac83, BigBird, vfrket and 4 others like this.
  18. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I shop at Home Depot as little as possible I don't like their organization from top to bottom sometimes it's a necessary evil the corporate mentality is nauseating.
    matter of fact I try to do the right thing and not buy from the big box stores whenever possible Lowe's Home Depot Walmart...and especially shopping online like Amazon I will have no part of it none whatsoever, they're all responsible in my opinion for destroying the middle class.... It's all I got to say about that ..lol

pscook likes this.
  19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'd buy at the mom-n-pop, 23 miles away, but their price is the same, too.

20. ck.mecha

ck.mecha Well-Known Member

I don't know about you guys, but I hate to shop at HD because of the self check out lanes. Arguably good if you're grabbing a loaf of bread at the grocery store, but if I have to beg a cashier to take my money when checking out with a cart full of lumber it's a no go for me. Especially when you have a dozen Rands with white sneakers standing in line struggling to figure out how to work the machine to buy their fire alarm batteries or paper towels.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk