1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smallest tow vehicles

Discussion in 'General' started by rk97, Aug 25, 2020.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The ultimate dual sport.

Sabre699 and R1M370 like this.
  2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Its definitively different than here.

I dont think the vehicles there are too small for towing.
    I think in the US most people thing they need a giant 2500 truck to tow stuff.

zertrider likes this.
  3. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

I can't remember his last name, but there was a seriously fast vintage racer named Stan that rode to the races on a Gold Wing with a sidecar. He had modified the sidecar so it had a flat deck and carried his CB350 in the sidecar. I think he was from the Northeast, and he would go incredibly long distances to race. Good guy, too.

4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

britx303 likes this.
  5. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

FYI Pontiac Vibe is the same exact car as the Matrix someone suggested. Can be had in AWD with and cheaper because it doesn't have a Toyota badge.

I tow a 5x8 enclosed with an AWD Fusion. I did have to install a trans cooler and have to watch temps on the bigger hills, but it's 2000 lbs loaded for the track and does 70 just fine on the interstate.

BigBird likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Cayenne 7700lbs tow rating
    Panamera 8800 lbs

pick one

wera313 likes this.
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I never really figured what the differences were in the Pontiac. Trim/lights etc? Maybe suspension/brakes? Kinda tried to put that aspect of the matrix out to pasture :D

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

That was recommended on page 1

BigBird likes this.
  9. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Getting to the track, and staying comfortable at the track makes for a happier experience even for those who do not go on the track.
    I wish we had done the toterhome/RV thing sooner.

https://www.racingjunk.com/Toterhom...eller_type=&order=price-low-high&np_offset=68

rk97 likes this.
  10. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Gonna +1 this. They can be had cheap on the used market. Haven't heard anything that says they won't last over 200k. If you get something close to base model, maintenance/parts are almost the same as every other SUV.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Reading is fundamental :rolleyes:

12. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Can't remember his last name either but he worked at Action Yamaha in Metuchen and I believe Freehold Honda prior to that.

13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Rk97 is looking for small per his current living arrangements and y’all say go bigger:crackup:. And pscook has got it goin on:beer:

pscook likes this.
  14. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

67174947_10161960175625109_5218746595943645184_n.jpg

rk97 likes this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Got enough room? :Poke: ;)

16. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Of course! I took the backseat out and put carpet covered plywood in the back. Plenty of room for all of my gear, plus once I was unloaded, I could sleep back there.

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup: That's cool...I was commenting on the position at the gas pumps. :D

18. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Stan Lipert! It was driving me nuts trying to remember his name!

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

It's hard to think of a vehicle produced (besides a smart car) that wouldn't work.

I towed a 4x8 open with three bikes (two sport bikes and pitbike) with a VW Passat TDI for a while and it did it with ease. Literally any four banger made since 2000 will fit the bill for you.

20. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

TDI Jetta! 0101091357.jpg

BigBird and Phl218 like this.