1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sh@t that never works for you...

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anyone so lacking in skills that they can't jelly a slice of bread ain't going to be able to build some pb dam...

2. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, I know, it all makes sense now, but if you buy one of these "special tools" the first time and look at the instructions and attachments, there is supposedly one that is supposed to push a pin through. For a bicycle chain, maybe.

Anyhow, I put it together the first time like they said, and quickly determined "this ain't gonna work".

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup: Thanx big guy...having been on building sites for over 40 yrs. I got that one.
    It's the snaking around things to accomplish a task that causes entanglement (and hired personnel that don't roll up properly). :D

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Jets who think they are playing football

~sent from mobile

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

6. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

ME too, I swear - setting up a front or rear derailleur is a black art. So simple, just a few adjustment screws to use, but seems like you have to hop on one leg, turn counter clockwise 3 times and recite the alphabet backwards to get it to dial in and not rub or skip or miss any gears. But when you nail it, the sweet sound of a properly tuned drivetrain is amazing.

BigBird likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

still have never gotten it to that point on the kids bikes....sorry kids no 1st gear and the LBS will not work on a box store bike...so yeah

black knight likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I figured as much. Ran into a similar problem running the wires for the taillights to flat tow the Suburban (basically like running a trailer light harness), damn wire kept catching the lugs on the tires no matter how I laid it out before pulling it even starting with it a couple feet away... :crackup:

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Solti conducting anything other than Wagner.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

My shop breaker box right now... :mad:

@pickled egg... Cut the blue wire or the red wire?

[​IMG]

jrsamples likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Cut the throat of whatever jackass left a foot of jacketing inside the panel. :moon:

beac83, GRH and Sabre699 like this.
  12. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

Any house project I say Ill have done in an afternoon.

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The (place group name here) you pick up from the temp employment agency when you're in a pinch.

14. Define “never “.

As of right now, I can say my legs never work right. :(

15. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

dog treat packaging , my wife has to show me how easy it is after i have mangled the package . . the same holds true for all of the tater chips bags , are my fingers to big or i am just stupid like she claims . WORD

16. Buell1965

that was meant to say when i try to open them , the struggle is real in my home .

17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Can't imagine the rehab you're embarking on - good luck, dude.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. Buell1965

one more and i will quit . Picking the wrong lane at the bank and watching 5 cars motor on thru the next lane over whilst i sit behind Mr skill Builder .

jrsamples and Phl218 like this.
  19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Long distance relationships and brake markers.
    Joking on the latter.

20. Buell1965

not folding my wifes panties the way she like them when i do laundry and i have gotten where i just put one on my head and look out the leg hole when she gets home . i also have no luck with cheap jumper cables that have seen better days .

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020