1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I fucked up, how do I fix this with my mom?

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Aug 22, 2020.

1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

So in light of new developments, Im off two for a while, not just recovery, but my ER nurse was not to happy, (apparently she knows all the nurses and doctors in my room when my gear was cut off) Well my parents have not been big fans of my decisions since the divorce, they think the wife and I moved too fast, and while we butt heads we are really happy. My mother shit on the relationship again, because of how we have been treated, I thought my Irish mom and German dad didnt like that I married a Nigerian. I said so. It broke her, she wouldnt answer the phone, my sisters, texted me, even my dad when my wife tried to explain.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Okay, try this again right before the next scheduled round of painkillers so what you have in you right now can wear off as much as possible.

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Did you hit your head again? A roll of pennies makes more cents/sense than this post.

Did you move to fast? Yeah....Duh....NO shit.

And that has absolutely NOTHING to do with anyone's ethnic backgrounds or race.

You posted a photo...she looks like a smashing woman...so a great choice....but, there would have been NOTHING wrong with
    letting the relationship grow and evolve a little before you tied the knot again, if you ever chose to do that.

That being said....you're not sleeping with your Mom (well, I hope not...that's just ewwwww).

You married this woman...remember the "Forsake all others part" of your vows? That means your wife comes first in your life now, not Mom.

My first wife forgot that part of the vows we said, and even if she remembered, didn't understand the full meaning of what the implications of those words meant. Her "Mom and Dad come first" mentality put a giant wedge between us. Actually, the second wife was the same way...what's up with that? I know...I know....my poor choices...I own it.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I would like to offer some helpful advice, but I find myself a wee bit perplexed.

StaccatoFan and YamahaRick like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did you try charging the gate at area51 and they zapped you with one of those alien technology brain f@ckin' rayguns?

Think of the positive, no anal probing this time.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If they brain zap you, you forget about the anal probe. Until you eat a pepperoni and jalapeno pizza, of course.

969 likes this.
  7. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

How to fix your ageing Mom's world view of things? Can't be done in my experience, they are who they are and only behave that way as they have your best interests at heart. With time you'll see eye to eye again, maybe just not over the near term.

8. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Come again???
    :whoosh:

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Has he been out drinking with Roy ? WTF ?

Razr, bleacht and A. Barrister like this.
  10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

What's not to understand about perpetual drama? Some people have it, some people don't.

badmoon692008, GRH, RRP and 1 other person like this.
  11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

All I got out of that giberish was

[​IMG]

crazymofo, Gino230 and auminer like this.
  12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Er.... maybe divorce your mom?..

You know the feeling when you have something horrible in front of you but your still fascinated because you don't know what it is....

<Counting:One leg, two legs, three legs...>

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

When you sober up the title should read "I fucked up by letting my mother think she has any input into my adult life." Your mother doesn't have to approve of your choices. It's not her life you are continously screwing up.

BigBird, bleacht, GRH and 3 others like this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

I’ve seen movies where after mediation they got along well.
    But NSFW

Razr likes this.
  15. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

My first thought is that once you married this woman, you agree to put her first, even before yourself. And she agreed to do the same for you, even before herself. So that means if mom doesn't like it, then tough shit. As long as your wife isnt mistreating you, then mom needs to back off.

I love my mother to end of the earth and back. But there is no way I can put her before my wife, or allow her to mistreat my wife. And by disrespecting your relationship, that's what she's doing. My quick $0.02

ducnut and RichB like this.
  16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yes, you moved too fast. You were divorced what a couple months before getting married again? And you butt heads with the new wife already?
    I guess when you get divorced again you will see that you moved too fast.
    That said, these guys are right. Your wife is first, not your mom. You need to let your mother know that she can be part of your life again when she is ready to accept your wife.

jrsamples likes this.
  17. hdpromos

hdpromos Well-Known Member

Why don't you go on Ebay and see if you can find yourself some new "gear"?

18. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

No pain killers, I dont like pills. Sorry if my post was all about drama, just let my brain dump.
    For those in question about the first sentence, I had a bad street accident where the helmet came off. Wife is an ER nurse at the hospital I was transferred to.
    Thank you all for your advice, Im taking it to heart.
    Sorry for the drama dump on the beeb.

SpeedyE likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wait, you're already remarried?

BigBird likes this.