1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Honda CBR1000rr-rrrrrr killing it in BSB

Discussion in 'General' started by speedkelly, Aug 9, 2020.

1. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Moto Rapido and Bridwell killed in the 3rd race.

2. Irwin’s are good riders and the Honda is nowhere near where the Ducati was, not even in the ballpark in BSB trim. A Irwin can over ride a lot of bike problems, he rode that pile 600 from Gearlink a few years back to a close 2nd in a hard fought championship. That bike was was hacked together and I wouldn’t ride it if it was given to me. And Farmer was on top level kit. The kid can ride he just loses his head time to time. He’s not patient enough and everyone thought he’d get better with time but he hasn’t which is a shame.

3. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Click watch on YouTube.

4. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

5. See, Snet isn’t exactly a track where on paper the Honda would shine and it didn’t. If y’all haven’t seen a race there there’s a section that makes the carousel at Road Am look like a bus stop speed wise. Hard to get the real grasp of how fast they go through there but it’s unreal.

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Would that be Coram Curve the long right hander leading to the final corner?

7. Indeed. Decreasing radius with increasing speed the way the line is, crazy when throttle gets closed and the bikes all snap back in line. Tricky turn with no TC and have to get gearing just right to go fast in a single gear but leave enough room to not hit the red limiter as that can and often leads to a low side and worst case rider recovers it enough to highside themselves all the way to NA :)

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Was this posted already? Ehhh, who cares....

speedkelly likes this.
  9. That whole team are just awesome. Everyone, including Bridewell are too people and just love to be at the track. Don’t make excuses about not have PBM money, just “did the beat with what we had to work with” and they do a lot on a small budget. That bike is nowhere near the PBM bike, not even close.

stk0308 likes this.
  10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Bikes. Glenn isnt a slouch but those Hondas are out for a ride while others are racing.

Is BSB running the new profile Pirellis? Tommy Bridewell has been saying he just cant get the feel along with Brooksie.

i just caught up today and damn, Honders look like the real deal!

11. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

yeah, I know them well. MotoRapido did some work on my Ducati when i rebuilt in 2016.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

Everybody has had issues with the new WSBK spec front tire chattering.

Ducti89 likes this.