1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass protests at ahrma

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Oct 8, 2016.

1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Makes me SAD to read that things have not changed much, since 1990 !
    We loved the racing, and MOST of the people !

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

That thread was started in 2016..

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. Ugh, i thought it said "Mass Protein at AHRMA". :mad:

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Going to the glorious house of gains, to feel some pains, and get some sick f’n pumps. Let’s goooooo...

418 and Gorilla George like this.
  5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

And it could have been started in 1990. It was a good old boys club then, and it still is apparently...I enjoyed the racers, and the festival feel. Problem is most are NOT engaged often enough to recognize that those who would desire to run the org, don’t “Corner low”

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

This ain't about what's in stock at GNC.

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

WERA Vintage was controlled by a Vintage committee for many years. It was a good 'ole boys network too. Explain to me how a FZ750 5 valve 4 cylinder liquid cooled racebike belonged in V5. It doesn't. It only did because one certain racer was good friends with a certain someone in the vintage rules committee. Say what you will about Sean but when he and Evelyne took control of vintage favoritism stopped. If you wanted a rules change you wrote Sean over the winter and he made the call.

SundaySocial likes this.
  8. I’m just waiting for the time when bikes I rode back in the day will be vintage legal.

9. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

When was "back in the day"? There probably is a class. The times they are a changin' . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

My first street bike was a 1 yr old 96 Honda f3. Someone has to have a class for that bike now.

11. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

12. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

WERA Vintage 7 Middleweight. Bump up class is Vintage 8.

In AHRMA those period bikes, albeit not CBR 600 F3's, compete in Next Gen Superbike.

Cheers,

Dave

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’d love to get my hands on that F2 Barney built years ago and destroyed the thunder bike guys at Daytona with. Dude painted dollar signs all over it against a gold background. I think Prieto built it and Barney raced in HRC leathers. Was epic. Lol.

14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

And boom, just like that a 5 year old thread comes back to life.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And as fucked up as things are today, at first blush reading the title I thought there were “peaceful protesters” there...

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

< That was my first race bike. VRRA up here just introduced a class (P5) for them and other 90's bikes. Vintage has a different definition to everybody, but those 90's bikes were the ones I dreamed about riding someday. GSXR750, Smoking Joes F3, ZX7 with the vacuum cleaner snorkle hose, TLR. Thinking back I've managed to tick off turning a lap on almost all of those bikes I lusted after (sometimes things are better left as a dream lol). TLR and RC51 were my fav though. But my comfy couch F3 brought a lot of good racing memories.

I've been hanging on to my F3 for years hoping the vrra would bring out a P5 so I can race at Mosport (just down the road), but Covid fucked those plans right in the earhole. Will most likely sell it now if anybody up in Canada wants a decent P5 platform to start from.....

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I still have my XS650 ... (750)
    AFM, ARRA, & WSMC BOTT, Vintage, and F2 legal. I want you to notice that I did not say it was “Competitive”, but it was in AHRMA !

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Have you looked at the V8 classes and rules? You may be ready now.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah really, he ain't that young... :D

50Joe likes this.
  20. In spirit I am.

50Joe likes this.