1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 4 | Austria | Red Bull Ring | Aug 14-16

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 10, 2020.

1. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

If they do it’s going to detract from the main cause.
    Racing incident for sure. The corner needs to be changed. Two bikes touching and crashing is part of racing.
    That corner can be deadly if something happens.
    Only by the grace of God did all survive that.
    When God gives you a clear sign to change something, you damn well better change it. Let’s hope that Carmelo makes the right call.

3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

They start side by side above sign.
    F929A706-8053-4B7C-872C-0EF8FB24AFD0.png D28B6852-5407-4631-BE1F-6F0B9C925A5B.png F4AA82A9-52BD-4131-976B-38ED875FD0DE.png 4B865D0C-15F6-45C4-B2C9-D43A0AC5D5F5.png 1E33A0DE-63D4-4395-A7CA-72261FDE7725.png 2411662A-271E-43CE-84DC-BF0442272455.png 3863F12B-4BEC-41D1-8061-FF1E1F15C0C8.png

4. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

Zarco might have braked a touch early due to the drive or slipstream he picked up. When these boys brake they fuckin brake. They hit full brake rear wheel skimming the ground basically instantly.
    Marquez did the same thing to Zarco (When he was with tech3) a couple years ago. I forget what track but Marc braked Zarco hit him at a insane speed and Zarco had a huge spill.
    Dovi and Mir were the only lucky ones in Sunday’s race. Rossi and Maverick survived. Luck doesn’t traumatize and almost kill you.

5. Nic

Nic Well-Known Member

Just imagine the family pressure on top of the trauma to them and their loved ones.

6. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

He didnt break early. If you read the report from the team, he got on the breaks later than he did on any other lap.

7. Seiko

Seiko Well-Known Member

Phillip Island 2018. Zarco was lucky to come out of that unhurt.

definitely not a cat likes this.
  8. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

I didn’t know that. Guess I was just saying Zarco didn’t brake check Franko or anything like that.

9. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

So after all this, three things make sense:
    1. Some guys get involved in a lot of racing accidents.
    2. The committee gets it right 98% of the time so let’s see what they say.
    3. In any case, the track is unusually dangerous at this spot and needs to change.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

My god Rossi. I love you but Shut the fuck up. You’re starting to look stupid when the world can see it wasn’t Zarco’s fault.
    And if the team has the data to prove Zarco braked later than ever then dump it on social media to shut Rossi up.

deathblow, motoracer1100 and Shocker like this.
  12. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

That's just Rossi being the master of the mind games, man.
    Psychoracer!

sill'r B sill'd and Quicktoy like this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean the man just saw his life flash before his eyes and behind his eyes, give him a chance to vent, and win the championship :D

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LMAO yeah I trust your assessment over Rossi's.

sdiver and Dragginass like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Safety First

[​IMG]

16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that one .. it clearly shows MM intentionally trying to Ram the Doctor .. :beer:

sdiver and BigBird like this.
  17. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I had forgotten about that love tap. They should just have a brawl in the pits- 20 pesos that Rossi gets his old ass beaten silly, just like on the track the last few years.

18. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

I think Rossi had issue about zarco drifting in front of someone he just passed and throwing out the anchor. Never any fun when that happens at trackday speeds. At 300kph... He conceded it was a racing incident and maybe in that situation both had a responsibility.
    What would you racers do differently in that situation. On both bikes.

Can someone explain what Pol did wrong to me if you have seen the onboard video? It looked like he went wide then stayed to the outside of the track and Olive low sided in front of him.

19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Brake? There's an upcoming corner, for fucks sake.

20. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

I know... thats what I'm saying.
    Zarco knew the corner was coming. Do you continue to complete your pass knowing it will put you in front of the rider in back right as you get on the binders?

Take it easy, Clarence, just trying to understand.

And i think thats Rossi's point. But hey the Beeb's combined brain power trumps Rossi's I guess.