1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP championship will be won by

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Aug 18, 2020.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Whoever still has 4 functioning limbs at the end of the season

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rabat? You smoking the pots?

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

A non-US born rider!

What did I win?

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Quateraro.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Rossi will win it this year. He's already released his minions into the paddock, and the fruits are blossoming. Dorna was easy... all it took was a promise to hang around the paddock post 2021.

nd4spd and 5axis like this.
  6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

stk0308 likes this.
  7. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Q or Dovi.

Or somebody else because that's how predictable this year has been :D

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'm a Rossi fan...but Dude.....come down from the thinner atmosphere in Montana....you're O2 deprived.
    IF he hadn't DNF'd the first race, maybe...but this year a DNF in any race is going to be nearly fatal to anyone's championship chances.

I thought this was Q's year the way he started, but not so sure now.

I think Dovi has a better chance than anyone now, he's SUPER motivated to take his #1 that Ducati wants so bad with him to his next ride and proudly display it on his bike as a big "FU" to Ducati.

I don't see Maverick ever winning a title. WAY too inconsistent. My money says Rossi finishes ahead of Mav-Vin.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Even though Motion is obviously being sarcastic in his defense Rossi is only 29 points back and there are 10 more rounds. With what we've already seen this season... all things considered way crazier shit could happen. My point is he is right there if he can find some speed.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Austria 2 will either be a Dovi repeat or Rins maintains it upright.
    Misano 1 & 2 will likely be split between Q20 and MM93.
    Catalunya will likely go to MM93
    LeMans is likely a MM93 repeat
    Aragon 1 & 2 are definitely MM93's to lose.
    Valencia 1 & 2 are a crap shoot
    Portimao? Shit if anyone knows (Is it a LH track?)

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I got Rossi!!!

Metalhead likes this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

+2

14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Right.

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Nope, it is right turns:
    https://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/portugal/algarve-portimao.html

Other notes: The sweeper leading onto the straight rewards traction leaned over and corner speed so brute HP isn't a huge advantage.
    Braking is big so the Hondas might be overheating that front tire.
    The direction changes over crests could cause hurt the Honda (and their riders) due to the instability of the bike. If they dial that out, will MM even be able to turn it?

Dovi takes the Championship due to the Yamaha riders all having to start from pit lane at least once.

16. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Fixed

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

MM will crash again and it will end his 2020 for good

motoracer1100 likes this.
  18. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Assuming MM comes back healthy, loose is fast at Portimao and the field will be lucky to be within a 1/4 track of him with those roller coaster turns.

19. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Ducati need to figure out this new rear tire before we can say that AD04 will be able to take the championship. All of the GP20 riders have been complaining that the new rear tire makes the bike even harder to turn in the previous year. Michelin decided to run last years tire construction at Austria so their handling issues aren't exacerbated at that track.

20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It's awesome how MM being gone has really shaken up the whole paddock and made this season entertaining. Last year was totally BLAH when you pretty much know who's going to win every race. This year was shaping up to be the same. Regardless I hope MM heals up but him winning 95% of the races is boring and not good for the sport. Same thing with Cam B winning every MotoAm race. It is not good for the sport in my opinion.