1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone on here already have or ordered a new C8 Vette?

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also a very good point! I damn sure know ugly :crackup:

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

TINSTAAFL

NemesisR6 likes this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

1 question usually trip them up... do you have clear title?

stk0308 likes this.
  4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I had to look that up, but absolutely the case here.....

Knotcher likes this.
  5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

My ex and I had a vehicross back when they were new. Everything you said was spot on but damn I loved that vehicle. Crazy I forgot I even owned one it’s been that long ago. That vehicle could be on the road today and not really look “dated”.
    Back then people had no clue what it was and like you said there weren’t many of them around at all.
    Only Isuzu I’ve ever owned. Never had a single issue with it put 100,000 miles on it and sold it when it went out of warranty. Makes no sense why I never even considered to buy another Isuzu product again. Lol
    Thank for the memory!

Ride safe,
    AAron

Attached Files:

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

that design could go as a tesla today and still be better than the cybertruck

BigBird, DucatiBomber and renegade17 like this.
  7. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Just saw one a month or so ago. I walked up and thought,”damn, this thing still looks cool as shit.” Too bad they didn’t sell better.

BigBird and DucatiBomber like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

That looked pretty sweet actually.

He had the Ironman edition I think. They had sweet Recaro seats, but damn did that thing suck gas like it was going out of style.

I always felt like that thing could drive up the side of a building if it wanted to. The 4x4 system seemed ahead of its time and pretty serious.

~sent from mobile

DucatiBomber likes this.
  9. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

That’s the exact model I had the IronMan edition. The leather inside and Recaro Seats were awesome.
    The back seat which was almost impossible to get to was raised up a couple inches. It was crazy how much better that set up was once you were in the back.
    The 4 wheel drive system was awesome. It crawled around like a Jeep Wrangler but the short wheelbase made for a rough ride. Was very unique vehicle. Being honest if they still made em exactly that same way I’d buy another one.

Ride safe,
    AAron

BigBird likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Phl218 likes this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

So a car with 16% more hp, 34% more torque, an automatic transmission and a suspension set up for the track beats a Cayman by 0.1 seconds around Grattan? Inconceivable.jpg
    :D

12. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

You left out the 39.8% price premium (over base Z51 vette, that still has more options than the Porsche) to go slower by 1 tenth.

Knotcher likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

you also left out the porsche would be worth the same in year 2 of ownership and probably year 5. where the vette would be 75% cheaper

Phl218 likes this.
  14. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

But it would still be slower.

JJJerry likes this.
  15. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Maybe it's got the lunar lander suspension option.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's slower because of all the extra weight in my wallet.

Phl218, crashman and BigBird like this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Don't care. CandD, using a form of constructive criticism, politely said the C8 was a POS in the quality department. Drive that everyday and see how much the discount buys ya in disappointment. I bet it's gonna be a lot. :D

Phl218, crashman and BigBird like this.
  18. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Both are nice cars. I'd happily drive either one.

They did say the Vette was a pre production model.

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Early production, not pre production.

20. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Lol.... dude....dont like it... dont buy one.... simple really. You're like that girl that says "ooohhh I don't like him" but stalks the shit out of the guy.