1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Pittsburgh | AUG 07 - 09

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You mean like all the clubs and orgs around the country have been doing for decades?

Johnny B, JBall, cav115 and 3 others like this.
  2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Lots of M4 and What they got from Yosh rumors. I wouldn't doubt they got no data. I also heard Yosh took their clutches. Remember how Toni used to always get the holeshot? Lol

3. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

Are one way radios no longer a requirement for all teams or was this an exception for this class? I recall in years past it was a requirement and were required to bring it to tech to prove the team had at least one.
    The paddock area is crowded and loud...... every track PA sucks...... it was a great requirement.

4. Lwtkawi

Lwtkawi Member

We have so much trouble getting the big bike teams to bring a radio we didn't want to totally overwhelm these guys. That's why we are thinking just to send them one next year already programmed so its charge and go.

5axis likes this.
  5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

They got zero data.
    Not all of the parts from the year before.
    Basically m4 pulled up, bikes pushed outside, and doors shut.

Kinda like how you could pay graves 33000 for an r6, got minimal to no data, and was on your own.

Toni won't be here next year. 1 contract and 2 results/performance of the bike.
    Bobby may make it another year, depending on how much more shit he destroys.

Herrin be back on it before to long..

6. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Sure, I spent this last weekend racing supermoto With my local org and there were probably 20 kids out there racing on mini-motos...

But neither josh Hayes or roger Hayden showed up in support or to coach and oddly enough none of the MA teams were out there scouting for new talent... wonder where they were....

But I appreciate your post :rolleyes:

henry_carlson likes this.
  7. Lwtkawi

Lwtkawi Member

I think everyone will learn, we've never dealt with smaller kids and they have never tried to race using FIM procedures. So its learning all around. It was super popular with the teams and a cool thing to see for everyone for sure!

Peter Hively and turbulence like this.
  8. Well if rumors are true (I’ve heard the same) Yosh owned the data and some of the parts so I wouldn’t give it up either. Data is often more valuable than parts.

Shocker and CR750 like this.
  9. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Knowledge is Power!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You need to get out more as other than pro weekends when they are working there are pro riders at club events all the time. I see them pretty much every weekend. Same for team owners and wrenches and MA officials and all sorts of people involved in pro racing. Hell, use the two riders you mention - where do you think they came from? It wasn't running minis on a kart track at pro events...

11. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

bro.

i was responding to a guy who was trying to set the record straight on some struggles with the class this past weekend. i was trying to bring a bit of positivity to those posts, thank him for the hard work they put in and show appreciation for a new class on pro weekends.

stop looking further into than that and my apologies if i offended you because wera “has been doing it for decades”

it wasn’t a knock on wera or any other clubs for the effort they put in to growing the sport, i was simply praising the effort in question.

i can be happy and proud of more than one organization for their efforts to the sport.

if my choices of words offended you, i’m sorry. i obviously appreciate wera even though i don’t race with you guys and i realize a LOT of big name riders have progressed through the wera ranks.

so thank you sean for the work and effort you put into the sport. i, for one, DONT think you’re killing the sport of american road racing. :beer:

sbk1198 likes this.
  12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

The MA way of doing things takes a little getting used to, the race day is usually far more organized than your average club event. The move in can be hectic but it gets more organized each event. Road Atlanta was the best yet.

The radios are a big help, I don't know why racers resist getting them. They are pretty cheap and make everything so much more organized. I know it's another cost- but I never have to hear engines rev up and say "who's that going out on track?" as I frantically check my schedule. For the kids I can see why they didn't require them, they are obviously trying to make it as simple as possible for the kids to show up and race without a bunch of extra stuff.

Having had my RV at 5 or 6 MA events, I can tell you that it's a compromise situation. Many competitors work out of their RV's (RV is the pit) and others do not- thus the option for separate RV parking. They have enough trouble organizing the paddock parking spaces- so it's very difficult to organize the paddock AND grant power requests for RV's Especially when they don't control the track and don't know what power will be available.

So if you are happy with a questionable power situation, you can usually pit out of your RV. If not, spring for the camping spot and you'll be in better shape. Also, if you don't use the camping spot due to the miscommunication like you had, I would be surprised if MA wouldn't refund your money. They are usually pretty fair about that.

13. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I haven't said anything about this. But we are a week out from the mini cup series that happened at Pitt. There isn't no video, highlight real , nothing on the Motoamerica app.

While this might sound like I am bitching, I'm not. Just stating that like people have been questioning and messaging me.about how to watch it. They wanna see all these kids and theres nothing. M.A. has done nothing to promote any of these kids that competed and its sad.

drop likes this.
  14. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I have seen a few mini- cup videos come across the MA Facebook feed. One with Escalante and one was a more general promo.

5axis likes this.
  15. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

The 10 sec clip with music? Those kids deserve a whole lot more.

16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That is the one thing that Sean is not very good at, but the effort continues.:Poke:

turbulence likes this.
  17. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I totally agree. If it's a MA promoted event, MA should be giving them more coverage. Their FB feed is pretty active and sends out a lot of content.

It seems like most of the paddock comes over and quite a few fans come over to support it. Without rehashing a tired topic, it's essential to keep the younger generation interested in the sport.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  18. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

yea we were asking about this after last race too! I think they have a real hard time with getting video to the kart tracks. Did you see anyone official there filming?

19. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

There is a lengthy feature on mini cup in the Pitt episode of Inside MotoAmerica, which aired today on NBCSN.

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Send an email to Chuck Aksland and voice your concerns. MA listens and is very receptive to constructive criticism.