1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 3 | Czech Republic | Brno | Aug 7-9

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I thought I read something about this and Honda did not give him a bike when he won the title. They said they would but never did. Hayden got his, but that agreement was in the contract.

I could be incorrect with Rossi though

2. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

AM looking good in dead last. Pretty bad when the test rider out qualify you.

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I thought you were leaving? Just consider: You are worse at leaving that AM is at qualifying.

4. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

What is going on with Dovi? Is the contract uncertainty holding him back mentally? This is a race he finished in 2nd last year after starting 4th.

Senna likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Seems like the new Ducs are squirming all over the rear wheel on corner exit. Zarcos was only one that looked smoothly spinning coming out.

6. vizsladog

Lol. Fair enough. But AM would still be in moto2 if it weren’t for his brother. Honda must be shitting themselves.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think Dovi has a sneaky race pace to work his way up to 6-7, especially if it turns into a crash fest, but I don't think he was willing to hang it out there for a fast lap considering the track conditions are complete shit (according to a lot of riders). IMO that's why you're seeing a flop of the grid. The lower tier guys were totally willing to hang it out there for a lap and some glory, but if you go and look at actual pace they are a ways off from being able to run those times over a race distance, and will slide back down the order under race conditions. Zarco's pace over race distance is no where near the front, but he was able to crack off a hot lap at the back of that Q train. Good for him, you still gotta ride the bike, but I expect him to either crash trying to hang onto the front, or slide back down the order rather quickly after a few laps and finish around 8-10.

The way Dovi approaches a weekend is almost backwards compared to most. Almost like they try and figure out the winning race time, and then divide that by the # of laps, and work on a setup that will let them run consistently at or near that pace. Instead of trying to run out and stay out front, it's more of a bracket racing approach where he just runs his pace, and lets the race at the end come to him if they know he won't have the front running pace. That's why they run some weird tire combos sometimes because the overall pace of a slower tire combo is quicker over race distance than having them drop off at the end. It's pretty boring, but also genius sometimes watching him come back into contention in the later stages of the race. Commentators are always surprised by it, but they planned on that the whole time lol.

It'll be tough ride from back there, but I think he'll do it, and get into some points at least. I think another yammy sweep isn't that far fetched if they can keep those piano's in tune for the race distance this time. Not discounting the old dog for a podium either.......

MachineR1, Senna, motion and 2 others like this.
  8. vizsladog

Dovi is a head case. He has already beaten himself.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You should go on their social media, explain to them how bad they are, and threaten a dramatic exit if they consider any input from you worthless. Maybe someone there will ask you to stay.

Robby-Bobby, tl1098 and scottn like this.
  10. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

Petronas sure has one hell of a strong team this year. Fabio is the quickest but he’s consistently being pushed by Franky this year. Yamaha has some great talent in those two.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

So you're Dovi and starting in 18th position....He's going to win the race, right? it's only practice :Poke:

12. Nic

Nic Well-Known Member

One has to wonder if Dovi gave up on a new Ducati contract already and is conserving his body.

13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Another pole for Joe, sweet!

Has technology advanced to the point where Factory teams no longer have an advantage, other than pick of riders?

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Once word got out that VR46 was going to be on a satellite team, it was inevitable that non-factory riders and bikes would start WINNING. Its going to be a new thing.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Daaaaaaaaaaammn

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

I’d think he’d still shoot for the title, especially with Marc out

Nic likes this.
  17. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

There's no chance Joe will kneel if he wins, right?

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Who's awake? This is going to be a long day! Pretty much 14 hours of racing...

19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m up. Just watching Motogp the morning. I’ll watch wsbk and MotoAmerica when I have time today and tomorrow.

20. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

Morning all. Good moto3 race there, now we get to watch the WSBK superpole race, then back to Moto2. Best Covid weekend yet. Plus BSB, saving F1 for later

Quicktoy likes this.