1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone on here already have or ordered a new C8 Vette?

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Make sure to get the website url too.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Too late...somebody just snagged www.corvolt.com :Poke:

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Uh, you sure about that depreciation schedule?

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

And I got voltvette, so forget that one.

Dan Dubeau, TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

My buddies family built a corvolt over 30 years ago. I guess they blew up the engine in their corvair so they filled up the trunk with batteries and hooked up an electric motor somehow. The story was that they thought it was too dangerous with the shoddy wiring so they buried it on their farm before someone got hurt.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

you're right 911 GT3 ...you'll get more than you paid for it , and the corvette 1/4 of what you paid for it a year later

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

People are still paying what I paid for mine 2 years ago for a car built in 2016. In fact if I put mine on the market for what I paid for it it would be considered a good deal currently. So yeah..fairly sure.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Aren't you a CBR guy? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

What's your point? :D

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Just putting your opinion/taste in perspective.... :Poke:

StaccatoFan likes this.
  11. fastfreddie

The perspective in that context is, the CBR is a Porsche. Great handling, not over-powered, better lap times. :D

FWIW, I own bikes from half-a-dozen different MFGs. 50cc-1000cc, dirt, street, singles, twins, fours...and a turbo. I can help ya out with broadening your horizons if that perspective starts to overwhelm. :beer:

12. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

C8 offers excellent performance for the initial price point and even so if you built it out to a price point that competes with the cayman/boxster variants.

For me, I plan on ordering a 992 C2S coupe. Mainly due to the overall performance (hp combined with handling) matched with luxury fit and finish all around. Not too mention the versatility the 992 offers as a daily driver.

Yes, two different price points for sure. Yet, still the relatively same prospective buyers. Especially, when looking at the various C8 models (Grand Sport, Z06, ZR1). Speculation is the C8 ZR1 pricing will be firmly in the 992 base and S territory.

All fine choices for everyone to drive in good health!

BigBird likes this.
  13. fastfreddie

That right there. I can't fathom buying a $100K+ vehicle and not driving it.

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I meant the vette.

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It'll drop like a brick. Not McLaren bad but unless GM limits production on it then it's going to be just like any other Corvette.

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

When was the last time the CBR was better at anything other than being a tame street bike?

17. fastfreddie

In 2012, when Ben Bostrum rode all the 1000s head-to-head for a leading cycle mag on a track in Nevada and the CBR posted the best lap times. The Euro-mags put the CBR on the podium, behind the likes of the Panigale. Most recently, a certain two-up rider that does a lot of testing for a highly focused motorcycle publication told me the only thing holding the CBR back was a better cam profile, behind the likes of the Panigale.
    Notice a trend? You may call that being a tame streetbike. I call it being a well-rounded package with global influence and respect.

Would you like a list of my other bikes? Maybe there's one there for which your perspective can't be rebuked.

18. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

o_O :D

19. fastfreddie

Mine's a 2012...they've only gotten better. Going forward, I can't take anything away from the other bikes; everyone's improved, but they haven't exactly put the CBR in its place now, have they. Quite the opposite in my book.
    Suzuki/Yamaha/Kawasaki battling out for a "Best in..." for speed, power or handling but not necessarily presenting a balanced enough package to unseat the Ducati for "Overall", let alone the Honda.
    Hmmm. BMW must be getting in their way. :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, read your post again and see if it makes sense :crackup: Your guessing at the price but ignore the Z06 - what is as good as the base model for that price?