1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Gorges Dam

Discussion in 'General' started by GRH, Jul 30, 2020.

1. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

That's photoshopped.

Jed likes this.
  2. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

That picture does look like issues with Satellite imaging, not the shifting of a damn in my opinion, but we shall see. Hopefully it holds!

Jed and OGs750 like this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

add in some HK protesters to help with early strength and some mongols to help plasticize it and you have the perfect mix.

4. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My Oh MY, you youngsters never heard the Phil jokes?

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

7. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw the article and I'm not going to espouse the fake news narrative because it not out of the realm of possibility that the dam is failing, but I think that image needs more scrutiny. There's no way a concrete section that large would be able to support abrupt discontinuities like that without failing. Like @90kacoupe mentioned, it could be a satellite imaging issue and not intentionally doctored.

thrak410 likes this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

9. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

You guys do realize that Google Maps isn’t updated daily

On another note. If the CCP is telling you not to panic. It’s time to panic.

Cannoli and Ducti89 like this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I doubt a satellite/airplane image would split and stitch the dam into 3 sections...

11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

So you're saying that there's a sharp change in the water color naturally? I'm not saying that the dam isn't failing, but that image isn't accurate.

12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

If that image was current then wheres all the discharge streams shown in all the current on site pictures?

OGs750 likes this.
  13. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

That's likely a stitching error from at least one commercial satellite, maybe a lens aberration, or just straight Photoshop. There's no way the dam could absorb a displacement of 10-15 feet in a single place like that without being catastrophic.

What's interesting to me is that seemingly no major American outlets are reporting on this story.

OGs750 likes this.
  14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

This is why I miss the dungeon^:eek:

15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Is this the same dam Guy Martin was at?

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Right now it's supermarket tabloids only (Really: Daily Mail, The Sun, etc.), along with the alien abduction and hamster-eating-man stories.

17. sdg

sdg *

So....

Is this a goddamn?

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Breaking news.....Chine Desperately Seeking Help to ID this Man last seen near the 3 Gorges Dam!!!

[​IMG]

19. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Nobody cares about China and everyone expected this when they built it.

20. prm

prm Well-Known Member