1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

My old buddy HAL is back in the game!

Phl218 likes this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

looking good. My BKR is killing it today....I got in a few weeks ago at $14.84...~$16.20 now.

Also took a bit of a roll teh dice on some TUSK for a little over a buck a share.....if it hits 1.5 I'd be super happy.....

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Got Draft Kings at 31 (DKNG). 38.38 currently. Hanging on to it until sports start back up in a big way.

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey, who was it that called BA stabilizing at around $180?

They were right, i'm impressed.......I'm still up near 100%, but alittle more wouldnt hurt...????:flag:

5. SteveThompson

Dang you hit it perfectly at the bottom.

HAL is my big success story of this run, but I missed by quite a bit. I paid $7.35 (averaged over two buys). The low was actually $4.25. Right now it is $14.41. It would have been awesome to hit it in the $4's.

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Thanx Steve....even us losers get lucky sometimes.

I've owned BA since 1995 or so, and have checked it at least every other day for the last 15 yrs or so......I knew $90ish was getting down there.

Doesn't sound like you are doing bad yourself!

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Damn thats a nice run though. Timing the exact market is hard...and usually a bad thing to try.

I was converting from one 401K to another during the crash...and then had to setup the PCRA to trade individual stocks within the 401K, so I was late to the party but so many good companies are still way off their pre scandemic norms.

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The party isn't over. Should be another healthy correction in a couple sectors before this is over. I went to cash on my spx and sso today.
    No way to sp500 should be at nearly pre covid levels with earnings cut in half

9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

RUN is my big winner so far. Got in under $10 currently $39.

AAPL, AMZN, MSFT are doing well.

Still watching TSLA in disbelief.

10. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Silver has been on a rip lately. Wish I would have bought more at $15.00ish. Was looking at 100 ounce bars last week.....damn, kinda wishing I'd have pulled the trigger on a few...

11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

tsla makes no sense to anyone. i bought some tsla over a year ago and have been underwater the whole time for like 6 months or so. They finally made some head way and i cashed out when i was up at like 20%. I didnt look at it until i heard something in the news bout it going gang busters and was shocked haha. If i waited exactly a month longer i would be rolling deep as when i sold it was slightly shy of $300 lol

sdiver likes this.
  12. SteveThompson

My friends who dabble in precious metals never seem to make money in the long run. I'm always intrigued by it though.

13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Ya, I always buy it for long term hold....kind of an insurance policy if the FIAT goes under.....but end up selling when the profit makes me itchy. I'm probably just a lucky sumbitch but I've always made out real well. I like to buy after a big correction when nobody is interested in metals and hold for the next rush. The tricky part is trying to figure out where the top is....once it crashes it always seems to go down REAL fast.

14. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

Rocket Mortgage (RKT) IPO just lifted off. Opened at $18 and almost $20. Anyone in? I submitted a Limit Market Order this morning and it was filled. :clap:;):D

15. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

My Total Return for RKT thus far is +21.67%. Not bad for a day's work. Thinking about taking profits tomorrow. :D:D:D:D

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

So with the close of today's market, my overall investments have returned to just slightly above the high that I had pre-covid downturn.
    I kept on contributing to the 401K, so have had quite a bit of pickup while prices were down. I adjust my sheet quarterly, so I won't know full scope of increase/decrease until the first week of October.

Fidelity Puritan FPURX
    Fidelity Equity Income FEQIX
    SCHWAB IDX RET 2035 IDX RET 2035
    Vanguard Institutional Index Fund Institutional Plus VIIIX
    American Funds EuroPacific Growth Fund Class R-6 RERGX
    Fidelity Freedom® 2035 Fund - Class K6 FWTKX
    JP Morgan Midcap Value L FLMVX
    Fidelity® Blue Chip Growth FBGRX
    Fidelity® Emerging Markets FEMKX
    Fidelity® Overseas FOSFX
    Fidelity® Real Estate Investment Port FRESX
    Principal SmallCap Growth I R4 PPNSX
    Fidelity® 500 Index Fund FXAIX

There's some overlap in funds' holdings, but that's what happens when you have 3 different 401Ks that haven't rolled over.
    Best move since the covid downturn was shifting a BUNCH of monies into the FXAIX fund at $86. It's now at $115.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

Not selling...

[​IMG]

Wish I'd gotten more responses on the fb and cl ads saying I'd pay spot. There's (unfortunately) plenty of room for more in the 50 cal box.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

But can you wipe your ass with it?

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Scrape, probably.... I generally just take a shower if it becomes a big problem.

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Silver popped over 29 last night. It was in the 18's a month ago. Not bad but I still don't think I'll sell.