1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap, beautiful, remote beaches.... whatcha got?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Photo is at Hawksbill Cay, the Exumas Bahamas the other day, no other people in sight, there are not to many empty beaches left in the Caribbean besides the dr and Cuba. But the Bahamas has over 700 islands and 80% of the population lives on 2 of them. Anything Southern Bahamas is empty but you can find empty beaches on any out island. Right now the hotels are shut down and no cruise ships so every beach is empty, just some yachts and private pilots and residents around hawksbill.jpg

renegade17, Cannoli and motion like this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Which island(s) is cheap and beautiful?

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I like the Philippines, but I think it may be a little bit too 3rd world for our tastes.

5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

For $50 a night you can stay in my house :) Zadar, Croatia.
    You can walk to beach or if you like remote there are many islands and beaches with nobody there.

Ducti89 and auminer like this.
  6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Hebgen Lake, had some very nice scenery on paddle boards today.

motion likes this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I was there last spring :) Took this photo not too far away. I'm sure you know the spot well. Southern Croatia may actually be an option. We can get from there to the Black Sea easily.

IMG_6605.jpg

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Yea, that road above was our race track :)
    Only good thing south is Dubrovnik. If you go there swing inland to Mostar and Sarajevo (Bosnia).

motion likes this.
  9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Baric Draga. Nice.

10. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I always like to stop here when we're sailing the Abacos. The rental rates for the house are pretty reasonable and the reefs are fantastic. Couple of nice beaches too.

http://morainecay.com/

11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Check out the couple's resort in whitney Ontario for a cool winter getaway

12. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Aruba, Spend Dollars or Florin.
    rent a bike or Rover and the whole east side of the Island north to South is deserted and spectacular.
    and no crime, unless you were a hot drunk blonde 15 years ago... Eagle Beach is always listed as the best of the
    Caribbean..stay on the south side, away from Palm.

13. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Think Croatia is one of the only countries not blocking US travel right now.

Aunt has an apartment in Selce, not too far south from Rijeka. Not the small remote islands of the south, but there are a few spots you can hire a boat to take you out to. Plus you're closer to the race track if you can work that in.

14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That track looks fantastic. Zoran and his buddy were running it and all I could do was wish.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ouch !

16. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Try this, south of Puerto Vallarta. The wife and I found this place. It is literally miles down a rough dirt road but pretty cool. Campamento Tortuguero Mayto, Hotel Mayto. I have never seen many people around. We will stay there on the next trip. I always rent a dirt bike (old honda 250) in the city and go exploring. Never had any issues.