1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk tire changers

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

12” tires of the 50 had me go to spoons

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I got rid of my No Mar like 5 years ago for an Atlas TC 221 from Dave Smith

Haven’t missed the No Mar.

colin96 likes this.
  3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

This is what TLR67 has hooked a few of us Up with.

https://www.txaec.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=TC-400M-B

What stands out about this unit is that it’s made in Germany. I’ll assume that the quality may be better than similarily priced units that are made in Chiner.

It was considerably less 3 yrs ago thru TLR 67 than the listed price in that ad i posted.

TLR67 likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hmmmmm, interesting. Better pricing than I thought but dammit it needs air.

$975 here: https://www.garageappeal.com/TC-400...cAoUJSq-QOPkkSaTccmi7RNwC_L5dMxhoC6ZwQAvD_BwE

gapman789 likes this.
  5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I’ve changed hundreds of tires on my HF unit and good motion pro spoons. I know it’s not what you want to hear, but when your technique gets good it’s no prob. I do mainly thick ass HD branded Dunlop’s for people now and if I can get those ones on And off, anyone can. It just takes getting through the learning curve.

12” street tires and bib mousse are a whole other deal. Those suck, for sure. But even that said, the issue with those is getting the bead to seat, not necessarily the R/R process.

6. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Sooooo, the original Dunlop HD branded 240 tire on my '13 Night Rod Special, might be a problem no matter what machine i use? :)

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yeah I can still get the changers but they have gone up $25 or so .... So here is the deal... $900 plus shipping... The best thing to do is PM me your full name and Zipcode and classify Business (loading dock/forklift) o residential (dropgate truck needed) it will make a difference..they do have several Distro facilities Where they can be picked up for a $50 dock fee added to that $900. I have no control over that.. Also please bear with me.. this is not my job and I am not making any money.. just getting the machines and lifts at cost and passing it on to the people here.. My Best Email now if not PM is [email protected]

Thanks....

backbone and Phl218 like this.
  9. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

My progression Harbor Freight,-No Mar, -Atlas. Skip the manual changers and get an Atlas, Tuxedo, Eagle or whatever pneumatic changer you can. Much better

Wheel Bearing and TLR67 like this.
  10. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

I have the nomar cycle hill and have started using 2 12inch zip ties 120 degrees apart to keep the tire in the drop center,really
    works for me.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

12. Scotty87

haha 100% bud. I cringe everyone someone wants one of those HD branded Dunlop’s. I don’t know what it is with the bead area construction on those things but it’s crazy.

13. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

I bought one through TLR67 a month ago or so. Worth every damn penny.

gapman789 and TLR67 like this.
  14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, I hate those fucking tires, miserable to change. I've started refusing to do them when people come in with them that bought them online, ain't worth the battle.

15. Scotty87

yeah man they’re truly terrible. This week I’ve had 4 tire/wheel combos laying out in the sun hoping for that to pop the bead. Worked every time, but I would have been SOL of it was cold and cloudy. Worst tires ever.

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

You don't need a machine to change tires with mousse inserts! You need to learn the technique, and like anything else practice that technique frequently to perfect your method. Then it's easier!

Spooner likes this.
  17. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I sell you my Corghi for half of that. You have to come and pick it up, I am not shipping this thing :)
    It is the one on left end.

Attached Files:

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Regarding tire lube...forget the dawn dish soap. Go to NAPA and buy a gallon of RUGLYDE. It will last you, your son and your grand son's life time. A little goes a long way. I do all my tires by hand with mostly homemade tools (except for spoons). A 15 minute job including taking the wheel off the bike and putting it back on.

TurboBlew and 83BSA like this.
  19. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Where you able to do car and truck tires, too? I believe i have 16 and 17 inch wheels.

20. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

:stupid: I bought some tire lube from the parts store and an applicator from amazon because my no-mar lube was running out. Good lube makes it better. :clap:;)