1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford Bronco

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Jul 13, 2020.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I wanted a Jeep, then I drove one and I bought one. Then I bought another one. Then I bought another one.
    Nothing else out there that can handle 30” of snow, trips through the mountains, and no top in the summertime. Until now with the Bronco. My newest Wrangler is only 6 mo old, so it will be a while until I consider replacing it with a Bronco.

Pixelator likes this.
  2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The only thing that kept me from pulling the trigger on a reservation is the fact I now drive a 4Runner. I know it will get me through the next 10 years reliably. I'm not confident that a Ford would. I like the thought of the Bronco. I think it looks fantastic and would be a blast. But...

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Preferring Legos to Fisher-Price, I'm on my fourth Jeep.

4. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

OJSMPSN

auminer likes this.
  5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

GILTYAF

YamahaRick, auminer and masshole like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but even 30-45 minutes south of you it's more like 5% if that :D

7. That’s out of “around” here :)

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The final nail in Jeep's coffin would be bringing back the full size bronco with the removable rear cap

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The full size K5’s, Bronco’s, and Ramchargers were awesome!

fastfreddie and ducnut like this.
  10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I had a full size Eddie Bauer Bronco in 1988. Took the family all the way out to Yellowstone with that thing with a roof rack and 10 man canvas tent strapped to the top. The kids were teenagers at the time, they called sitting on the bench seat the torture box. :crackup:I guess 4000 miles like that would be called child abuse today. :confused:

ducnut likes this.
  11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Kids need to be taught to be happy they have a roof over their heads, clothes on their body, food in front of them, and get to go anywhere at all.

Potts N Pans and YamahaRick like this.
  12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Had a '84 K5 diesel...shoved YSRs in the back and went racing. Took forever to get rollin', but you couldn't stop its momentum. Drove all over hell with it.
    Wanted a '96 Bronco...I just think they look better than the Blazer.
    Could never find a good Ramcharger, but I think they were prolly more rugged than the Blazer or Bronco. No removable top, tho', as if I ever took mine off the Blazer.
    At the time, Jeeps were torturously unsophisticated toys by comparison.

13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

we had a 52 Willy’s which is what I learned to drive on. After that, we had an older Jeep-style Land Cruiser which was kick ass. Loved those things!

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive been a long time owner of a couple. My first one was basically an SR5 extended cab truck. With the cap off it made jeep owners jealous.
    It was a 5 speed too. Stupidly sold it for my 94 wrangler... then got a 98 model 4 runner.

15. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Yep... It's just not even debatable a Toyota will outlive 6 ways to next Sunday over any domestic.
    I've had just about everything but I've got two Scion xBs with a combined mileage of 600,000 miles.... Outside of air conditioner and power steering pump not one single mechanical failure.... ever.
    And I've driven these things harder than anything I've ever owned.
    GF gas a 98 Toyota 4Runner with 290,000... Only timing belt & plugs.
    I have had 97 RAV4 it has never been in the shop ever...
    I also when I was young had an 88 Toyota pickup 22r the guy I sold it to kept it for 12 years as a work vehicle and had four hundred thousand miles on the original engine.. by the time he was done.
    I have had just about every other POS Dodge charger challengers mustangs Camaros trucks cetera... While some do go is there a distance I have a diesel 7.3 with 220 thousand....it's just everything attached to the f****** motor seems to break we're out warrantied recalled.... It sucks. My don't get me started on Fords! What they put owners through is b******* same with Chevy in their 3-4k peeling paint bulshit.
    However Ford does make some of my favorite cars the GT, the new Mustang is the perfect pony car... And looks Wicked. The bronco is just cool, the raptors just an awesome pickup truck.
    Ford has the coolest lineup No doubt.
    I just don't see myself plunking down 30-50 grand for a vehicle.... ever again. It's half the price of a house in Arizona

16. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

17. joec

joec brace yourself

The original renegade had the 304

18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sounds like the same motor my parents had in their 1971 Matador station wagon.

It would do 100MPH (indicated) on the autobaun, downhill. I know, because my dad did it (while my mom was screaming her head off at him).

Here's a '72:

[​IMG]

Metalhead and joec like this.
  19. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I was more referring to whatever the current chassis Wrangler is. I know there is an aftermarket company that will swap the 6.4 in the new Jeeps, but I remember that Jeep said they werent planning a factory option due to the reduced crumple zone.

joec likes this.