1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Yes they do, and they have a maximum number of patients they can manage per shift.
    Less use of vents is good. I didn't know that.
    Not at all surprised.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Post #5288

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They had a handful of people in with Covid-19, none on vents. But since vents don't seem to be the answer it's kind of a moot point. They have plenty of beds in and out of ICU, not remotely worried. Grady might be but Grady is usually full, currently full of shooting victims and the normal 4th of July influx. GA isn't remotely tapped out for ability to care for people with any viral infection.

You can't find it because it's not news. Talked to some folks from there and it happens regularly and no one cares, it's not news. Doormen dying of covid? Yeah, when you have Manhattan hospitals classifying shooting victims as Covid or heart attacks or any of the other thousands of methods of dying as Covid because either they tested positive or they might have possibly once upon a time been near someone positive - well at that point you don't get to start going on about covid deaths.

Just because they're stupid enough to believe the fear mongering doesn't make the situation itself actually bad.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

So some more anecdotal stuff while I wait for my sushi. My sister lives and works in Manhattan (UES, midtown east), and other than having lunch dining choices seriously limited for awhile, no big deal. They're now opening up daily, a lot of al fresco dining. Masks on all the time, people working in shifts, no TP or whatever scarcity. Don't know what it's like in the other boroughs and of course commuting via public transportation is always a PITA.

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Yes why?

6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

no one is wearing masks in our men’s league. I’m wearing gloves for the first time ever as a referee from everyone spitting on the ice. I’ve always been grossed out by that so I’m wearing gloves to keep my hands clean.

7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

We’ve had some open hockey sessions and the older guys or those taking care of elderly parents havent participated. But most of the usual crew is back and talking more crap than ever.

Our mens league will probably start in another week along with the rink pub opening for service with some spacing between tables. Theres more than enough room in the pub to accommodate.

The youth leagues will be back, however, parental spectating will probably be vastly reduced, which isnt a bad thing.

fastedyamaha likes this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'd really like to see them go back and re-assess all of the seemingly healthy younger people who succumbed to this garbage and correlate it with how many were improperly ventilated and basically given a death sentence.

That undercover nurse in NYC described the scenario with her one patient who was 38 years old and basically fine as she put it. When she went off duty and came back the next day she found they had put the guy on a vent....not long after he was dead.

I'd be willing to bet there's more to the stories of these younger and healthier folks who supposedly died from this. Sure you're gonna get those 1 in a million cases of a young person organically having a poor outcome for whatever reason, I mean hell people die from taking aspirin, but I won't be surprised if families and such start launching investigations into wrongful death lawsuits and the seediness of what was happening in these hospitals while family were prohibited from entering/visiting and they had these patients under lock and keys for weeks on end to experiment with.

G 97 likes this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It would funny if it weren't so sick/sad.........how 1 confirmed positive turns into 17 presumptive positives. And they act surprised that there's "record new case numbers"

[​IMG]

33 testing labs in FL all reporting 100% rates......nothing at all fishy about that?

https://twitter.com/RebelACole/status/1282061281361616896

10. Venom51

I told you guys earlier the neighbor runs a care facility here in Forsyth country. They sent off 20 test last week. 10 that were from actual patients and 10 that they opened the test, touched nothing with the swabs and sealed the test. They sent them off and all 20 came back as positive. It's a bunch of bullshit testing folks...

TurboBlew, tony 340 and tropicoz like this.
  11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It must be omnipresent in the air all around us, we are all gonna die!

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The Tanzanian prez let everyone know about that a while back too when a papaya tested +

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...oronavirus-kits-after-goat-test-idUSKBN22F0KF

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ha ha. I just got called an asshole. Going home after a month in Prudhoe Bay. Zero Covid cases up there. Sitting away from everyone in the Anchorage airport and some fuck comes up to me and says " you should be wearing a mask". I responded with "you should fuck off and mind your own business". Apparently that was not the response the mask lemming wanted...:crackup:

TurboBlew, G 97 and tropicoz like this.
  14. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

If she put on body paint...I would watch it dry!

G 97 likes this.
  15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

The swabs might even come pre-positive...in case the real result doesn't support the numbers needed for money/agenda. :eek:

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My grandson's tee ball league just shut down. It seems one kid was deemed presumptive positive so the whole league went into recommended 14 day quarantine. If they're gonna act that way we might just as well kiss the next school year off. My Daughter is going to go postal....

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s not all just about the money but it’s about the money. I can only speak from what is coming out of both Iowa State - Big12 and Iowa-Big10. Both institutions are facing pressure from the local county health dept. to shut it down or at the very least have games with no fans etc. The Iowa Governor stepped in and said the local authorities do not have any authority and told both counties to zip it.

Bunch of double speak coming out from both about the number one priority is safety - blah blah blah while at the same time we also have financial obligations- yadda, yadda, yadda. So both University’s and conferences are walking a tightrope between appeasing the safety Nazi delusional whacko nut jobbers on one side and the wholesome upstanding sane rational peeps on the other. So both schools implemented half occupancy/attendance for games and limit on tailgating etc towards appeasement but again - it’s not all just about the money but it’s about the money.

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Did you guys see this in your Iphone? I'm curious if this is on Android as well. Do you really believe even though it's toggled "off" it really is "off"? I don't

upload_2020-7-14_9-29-49.png

19. Venom51

I can tell you how to make sure it's off. Find a large hammer. Place that iPhone a solid surface. Proceed to beat the iPhone with said large hammer until small particles form.

TurboBlew, G 97, Sabre699 and 3 others like this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Will a mask protect you from the small particles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.