1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's what I'm getting out of the info myself. And I was a bit tongue in cheek about doing away with all college sports. Hell, my sons girlfriend had a full ride at U of L thanks to Field Hockey. But I'm wondering if the fringe sports may be on the way out.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Stanford was one of 3 or 4 schools on the Kommie coast with a D1 Fockey program.

rd400racer likes this.
  3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

The parents and tax base will suffer. Im getting too dungeony....

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

The Frozen Four would like a word with you. :D

5. Ducti89

My man!

rd400racer likes this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Wouldn't hold your breath on that. Harvard didn't drop their ridiculous tuition price even though they are switching to all on-line courses. That is a monumental rip-off. Part of (if not the majority of) the whole Harvard experience was interacting and networking with people on campus.

7. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I never watched a field hockey game, but I sat behind a player in my college computer class. The team had practice after class so she wore those volleyball shorts to class. We never really spoke, but she always would sit 2 desks in front of me...perfect angle to see those short through the chair back. She knew that class was boring so she made sure I paid attention. :D

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a quaint little tournament, but only 7.4% of the players in the NHL have any American college experience at all, and those that do seldom graduated.

9. Ducti89

Fools will be fools I guess.....

10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Getting?

11. speedluvn

Do you need a moment?

Potts N Pans likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The giant sports complex in my area is slowly reopening. The first thing reopening (if it isn't already) are the rinks.

Got to wear a mask while going to the ice, you have your temp taken at the door and I think they might even check your prostate but at least you get ice time. lol!

13. speedluvn

That was your prostate and you specifically requested it.

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

S'Ok. Parents can quit if they want just like anyone can quit in the private sector if they don’t feel safe....

R Acree likes this.
  15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Cardiac units aren't required to have vents. How many respiratory therapists do they have - the people that run the vents and check them every hour? And I said worried, not have run out.

That was in response to a graphic someone put up showing the number of deaths going down to double digits.

Doormen dieing of Covid. Fear of going out on the street, 45 morgue trucks. Discussions with people who have relocated or left Manhattan expressly because of the situation there. Some want to go back, others are done. None want to be there right now.

When was the last time a morgue in NYC was overrun and morgue trucks were needed? I searched and couldn't find any.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Respiratory therapists go to whatever patients need them in the hospital.
    And doctors have learned that vents are a bad idea treating covid-19, not to
    mention that there is such a big surplus of vents that they are shipping them to other countries.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup: I was at a downtown outside/inside bar a couple weeks ago when the police showed up and informed the patrons that they received a call reporting that social distancing protocols were not being followed and started suggesting some people leave in order to creat more distancing etc.
    We all just shook our heads at them then continued our conversation and drinks.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’ve never watch a field hockey game but I’ve also never watched paint dry. :D

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

They are places of higher learning.
    24FB8909-ACF0-4675-A600-AF6ABEEBE628.jpeg

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

G 97 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.