1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp crapenings.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

And wasn’t far of Dovi for second. He even started out the year great last year.

2. Quicktoy

I’m sure Lorenzo canonballing everyone didn’t help either.

3. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

I think lorenzo's had more wins in the last 3 years right?

haha! so easy to get the flossi flogs wound up! :D :P

4. Quicktoy

I think so

5. Quicktoy

So Pol is official at Hrc and little Marquez to lcr through 2022. I hope cal stays to be the test rider as he riders more like Marquez and pol.

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Cal may have an option at Aprilia, but I'm guessing he's going to step out.

7. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I think he would have already announced "one more season" but the virus screwed everything up. I can't imagine him just saying he's not coming back. He's going to make a big announcement and take a full season victory lap for the fans.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Little Marquez riding the coattails of his brother once again. It's pretty incredible that HRC is giving the boot to a proven race winner and the only other guy that's proved he can wrap his head around that bike for a rookie who only wins when he is spoon-fed good results.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Alex Marquez would never be where he is if his last name wasn't Marquez.

Sweatypants likes this.
  9. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Nobody else would've held onto that MarcVDS ride as long with the early results he had.

10. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ For the record I agree with the fact that AM is getting a helping hand from HRC because of MM - and I also agree that his first two years in Moto2 were quite lackluster and MAYBE if he was someone else he wouldn't have gotten year 3 with MVDS

But I think this is being a little unfair to AM. His 3rd -5th seasons in Moto2 he finished 4,4,1 in the standings and by comparison to Franco Morbidelli, Alex has a similar Moto2 record (23 podiums from 89 starts for a 25.8% podium rate for AM; 21 podiums from 71 starts for a 29.6% podium rate) and FM didn't run a full season his first year in Moto2 or he would have had more starts with less results. And AM has twice the pole positions as well in the middle class. And let's not even do the comparison with FQ20's Moto2 stats - and look at how well he ended up shining given the right environment.

Morbidelli got a Honda satellite team to start his MotoGP career and is currently in a Yamaha satellite team - I would also bet helped with a bump and wink recommendation from a certain VR. Seems a LCR ride is right in line with where Alex Marquez should be. He just really never should have been given the Repsol ride and even that I think was down the JL99s circumstances.

The real injustice is Cal getting bumped out of LCR and Nakagami being kept because of nationality and age IMO.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and he's riding a year old bike and comes in with a sponsor who is paying big bucks.

Cal was HRC's test monkey but he's expensive, bang up and gimped and getting up there in age. Sucks and I'd take him 9 times out of 10 over Alex but I'm not HRC.

12. sharky nrk

And just because I was curious I ran the numbers on the Moto2 performances for podiums vs race starts of the last Moto2 champs that are still in MotoGP -

Alex - 25.8%
    Pecco - 44.4%
    Morbidelli - 29.6%
    Zarco - 34.1%
    Rabat - 39.3%
    Pol - 45.1%

and

Marc - 78.1%

13. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Everybody all up in arms over Cal being "dumped" but he has hinted quite strongly about calling it a career. Has there been anything said that would indicate this wasn't mutual?

14. sharky nrk

Cal going on instagram or twitter via BT Sport saying it wasn't mutual ...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Cal, like he always does, ran his mouth a lot hinting at retirement. As early as riders are signed these days, Honda decided to look at what they needed to do for next year. If there's anything to learn from Jorge, it's tell everyone who will listen that you love it there and want to stay forever, and then decide last minute if you change your mind.

sharky nrk likes this.
  16. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I’m sure this shortened season have might changed (his) planned retirement date..

17. Quicktoy

I’m surprised they did a 2 year deal. I have to agree with you because of that. I don’t know the story with Cal. Did he want out or was he forced out?

18. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Maybe Cal pissed off Puig?

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Is there anyone he hasn't pissed off? A much shorter list for sure.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

With companies going out of business due to COVID/economy, they had to let Cal go...the gravel couldn't be supplied anymore. :eek:

Quicktoy likes this.