1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA MotoGP Fantasy League 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Jan 28, 2020.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Are we getting the website or do we need to do the survey like last year?

~sent from Earth Station

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

fingers crossed, website. Hope to have this rolling today or tomorrow.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Thanks again for all those doing the work.

BigBird likes this.
  4. Kramerica

Kramerica ISO: Intern named Darin

+1 Quicktoy

Having worked with data management like this before I know how much of a headache herding all of us cats can be. Thank you to all organizers
    #meow

Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  5. dsapsis

I am just the Wizard pulling levers and hysterically laughing (oh, and counting money!).
    My tech team of BB and jksoft are doing the real work and deserve the praise. Hope to be live later today.

Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  6. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I got the first email. The motomanager site seems to not be working however.

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Got the email, logged in, made my picks easily and it looks great. Before I "set picks", are they editable after the fact? Can I set picks now, and edit them again later before the flag drops? Or it it only a set it and forget it?

Edit: I just don't want to set my final picks this far in advance until watching practice and qualifying. But would like to get something there in case I forget or miss it this weekend as I'm going away.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  8. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Damn, I haven't looked this since forever. What's going on? I haven't received and email.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I didn't get an email either

Edit: it was in Spam with a FWD

~sent from Earth Station

10. Dan Dubeau

My email was in my junk folder

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Site looks great on phone, UI very nice.

Great job!

Only issue is said error saving pick, contact administrator. So I'm here contacting

~sent from Earth Station

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

picks set.
    looks great! thanks!!!

13. dsapsis

OK we are starting to go live with connections to the website. Still tuning in registration issues via your official logon email. Everyone please check their email and spam folders. It will have a link to go to register, then access to the site. You pick the race that is up and move the riders into your chosen order and hit save picks. Pretty straightforward, but we may have a few launch pains.
    Jeremy has worked hard on this so props to jksoft.

14. dsapsis

Note: we are working on the order listings -- currently they start at zero (and go to 14 to the red line where points end). We will get that changed to 1-15, but I am sure, based on the above responses, that it is pretty intuitive.

15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I am looking into the issue BigBird.

As for the email, it is just an email from my personal account: jeremy at digiwebstudios dot com
    Perhaps add that to your address book as "contacts" will usually bypass any spam checking.
    Email can be so finicky as we have seen over the last few years. Any that haven't been verified by tomorrow I will resend.

BigBird likes this.
  16. dsapsis

We want to get all players registered soon for two, make that three, reasons.
    1) you need to register to play. :D
    2) we need to check the scoring calculations are working correctly.
    3) Should some damn fool not place picks for the race, we need prior picks to autofill, per our decision some pages back in this thread. I am actually ok not having the rule work for the first round, because there is no prior pick, but I bet someone would complain. That is no excuse FOR MISSING PICKS ON THE FIRST RACE!

Please check for the email and report about success in getting picks saved. Thanks all, and jeremy especially.

17. dsapsis

Side note: Jeremy has decided not to play this year, so he is Admin in Chief and will be getting a homebrew package just like the player with best smack on commissioner (Linders currently leading, but year is young).
    Who here is ready for some racing?
    Miguel top KTM! Fabio in 8th!

18. Dan Dubeau

I answered my own question. Picks in, and it still lets me edit after the fact. Actually a nice interface Jeremy, well done. Looking forward to taking all your guys money this year ;). Here's hoping our dollar is still in the shit when I go to cash it out :D

Kramerica likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You got plans to make this a test run and go full inter-webs next year? It would be a shame to do all that work for just 25 people. (unless extra players mean extra work, aside from the money aspect)

20. Kramerica

Kramerica ISO: Intern named Darin

Found my link in the spam folder. Log in successful. I only see a calendar with race info and weather forecast. Can't make picks. I assume that's what I'm supposed to be seeing?