1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So where's the Danny Eslick thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Jul 5, 2020.

1. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Well then, drink those little fuckers under the table and get on with your business.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tough to do, they don't care if they get f@ckin' f@cked up, pass out and piss themselves.

3. ton

ton Arf!

i don't even know DaveK, but... insert short joke here.

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Me either, and I'm 240 :p

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

No:crackup: A British working class...........er, lets just call em a punk band:D

6. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Chumbawumba did one called the Just Us Mix. I've heard the Oppressed song as well.

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Daaaaamn.....I forgot all about that band. Too many bands and too many years gone by.

t500racer likes this.
  8. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Japan Airlines has such an issue that the entire crew takes a breathalyzer test before every flight. ZERO tolerance. You can’t show up and blow .02 or you’re done. Crazy stuff

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Wasn't it JAL that flew a fully loaded 747 into Mt Fuji?

EDIT: Mount Takamagahara
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

A faulty repair on the pressure bulkhead blew the tail off- plane was uncontrollable. Had nothing to do with any impairment on the crew's part.

SuddenBraking and YamahaRick like this.
  11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Whoever did a half assed repair like that was impaired.

[​IMG]

12. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I think wikipedia is wrong on this one- The area where the pressure bulkhead was fixed was poorly accessible and the second line of rivets missed the doubling plate- at least that's what I remember from the original report.

You know, back when we used to actually wait for TURTH to come out..... lol.

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Who's TURTH?

Gino230 likes this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

You can’t handle the TURTH. :D

BrianC636, Gino230, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Sure this was from the Japanese crash? JAL either hired Boeing to repair the plane from a tail strike or used Boeing’s recommend method. Whatever JAL did can’t be faulted as they did everything the manufacturer told them.

The Chinese had an almost identical accident on a 747. They did the typical Chinese bubble gum and a prayer repair job themselves and it failed. Know how they figured out how long ago the repair started failing? They checked the cigarette stains on a recovered piece of fuselage where a breach had formed. They’re some fucking nasty ass people. I watched a documentary about it, pretty sure that picture is from that crash.

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Denzel Washington could have flown that bitch without a tail.

19. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

UPSIDE DOWN.

TurboBlew and auminer like this.
  20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

What does this mean, “caught/catch a case?”

Did they play ball with a prosecutor and throw briefcases around or some shit? Hot potato? Musical chairs?

Potts N Pans likes this.