1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to help...

Discussion in 'General' started by Justin Nelson, Jul 6, 2020.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah it is, get pics from the photographers that shoot at wera, (let them pic their best work) and use those for the posts, that and pics and videos from the tower while you work and you're set.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh I can get those, it's just having them handy when posting - especially when Insta is so phone/app based - it's just going to take some getting used to.

So I did set up a new account as a business - weraracing. Unlike my personal account with 325 followers and no posts I actually did post some pics to this one. I'll play with it more and get it tied to the facetubes and so on.

noles19 likes this.
  3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Did you know there is a wera motorcycle roadracing account already? Looks like it has 700 something followers. Already set one up a long time ago and forgot? :crackup: I just stumbled upon it while looking for the page you just you created to go give a follow.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, can't get back into it for some reason :crackup: The weraracing one should work better anyway.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

well hell, the same email I have for that one is tied to my personal one, no wonder I couldn't get the pw stuff sorted.

I'll nuke it.

6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Ok Boomer :crackup:

5axis, speedluvn and Trainwreck like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More like braindeader... :crackup:

Played with it more, annoying limitations on pic uploads but finally sorted out the background has to be 600x600 and I can drop a schedule into that size and have it post. I'll play more later and try to up the resolution or change fonts to get it to look better.

8. Justin Nelson

Justin Nelson Member

I did not attempt to bring up companies that don't change and fail...I DID bring up companies that don't change and fail.
    Where did I say WERA has not changed? I actually said WERA DID change, started doing qualifying. Where did I say WERA had to make "drastic" changes? I did not.

"Why would I mix the grid up like that when they're not racing each other?" Very FEW of us will ever get that expert trophy sitting on the shelf. 90% of us out there are racing against the person in front of us. When was the last time a Novice Racer came up on an Expert Racer during a race and thought, "Oh, those are white plates. I don't care about passing that person"?

Do all suggestions from paying customers get greeted like this?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  9. Justin Nelson

Justin Nelson Member

For the record, I love that WERA now has an Instagram Account.
    I will do my best to help promote it.

Yours Truly,
    One of those people that comes and goes that makes suggestions

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Please ensure Garth cannot post pictures of his house. :D

5axis likes this.
  11. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Lighten up, Francis.

TurboBlew and rd400racer like this.
  12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer tries to tell the NYFD they're going the wrong way to all their fires.

[​IMG]

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Wrong. As of last weekend I qualify, and Monday still beckons.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

HBD Old Man.

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

As I said, no one. :D
    :eek:

pickled egg likes this.
  16. dsapsis

And here I was basking in Rick's well-wishes...:D

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Hey, you know you're loved when your peers poke at ya. :beer:

Yzass wants to know what you cooked yourself for your birthday.

18. dsapsis

:crackup:Yzass seems to know me well. Tacos al carbon!

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Recipe please Dave. That sounds yummo.

Yzasserina likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was being nice. You did bring them up - why? What was the point other than to insinuate we don't change and due to that we will fail? Your original posts even says you expect I won't listen - which I obviously do.

Happens all the time. I get a lot of problems when riders don't use the proper colored plates for exactly that reason. The majority of racers as you can see from a lot of the posts here prefer to start with those they're actually racing against and go from there.

Huh? I have not been mean to you or dismissive and I have tried to respond to every one of your suggestions with background on why our policies exist as they do or questions of my own to get more input from you. So yes, I do treat our customers with that same courtesy and respect. You seem to be taking that as some sort of an insult and I truly don't understand why.