1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bike goggles with glasses

Discussion in 'General' started by jksoft, Jul 2, 2020.

1. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

racer_11 likes this.
  2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

time to use your contacts. only time i am in them is, when i have a helmet on... dirt bike, sport bike, snowmobile. stop messing with the glasses/goggle combo. doesnt work well in cooler temps (glasses will fog). when it is hot, you deal with the extra layer of messing with glasses. if you dont want to go the contact route, spend the big bux and buy the prescription goggles, or get safety glasses, and wear those in the helmet, without goggles. good luck! Ski

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So either goggle fit over glasses? That seems weird as the others usually offer a OTG frame?

4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant they both are offered in an 'OTG' version.

5. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

+1 on using pro-vue

6. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Spent a bunch of time reviewing options and the recommendations here. I was not able to get my hands on a pair of OTG glasses; I wanted to see them and try them with my glasses but no local shop had them or could get them in. Backordered forever. The inserts seemed like the way to go but they are expensive and still not sure how much use they will get. Not ruling them out in the future. I ended up deciding to give contacts a second chance (since Lasik isn't an option) and got an updated prescription. The eye doctor gave me so many free samples I won't have to buy any for a while. It also means I can use them on the track as well which is a bonus as squeezing my glasses inside the helmet is never fun. I picked up a pair of 100% Racecraft (same as Accuri but with a nose piece and tear offs ) and have a couple trail rides in now. I feel like this will work well for now. I won't wear the contacts much, just for riding really.

Spooner likes this.
  7. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Yeah dirt bike goggles as a whole have been insanely good sellers this summer. You picked a good set though and I’m sure you’ll be happy with them.